3: you're gonna miss me when i'm gone

Chapter Three

For a long time there were only three people really important to Clary. Three persons she was certain she loved; Jocelyn, Luke and Simon. Jace became part of this little circle quite fast. But there was someone else who became very important to Clary. And that someone was Isabelle. They became very close friends since their trip to Idris. Clary never had friends who were girls, but for Izzy it was the same thing. The only people Isabelle knew of her own age, were her brothers. And now one of these four people hurt her like hell she really needed to talk to someone. Clary expected her mother to say something like ‘I told you’. And Clary was not in the mood for that. The strange thing was, her mother seemed to accept Jace more than ever past week. Maybe that was why Jocelyn allowed Clary to stay as long as she wanted, when she promised Jocelyn not to walk home alone past midnight. Clary was surprised by this because the rule was; no sleeping over where your boyfriend lives. Clary sighed; I guess everyone knew except me. Anyway Simon and Luke were not the ones to discuss her love life with, so Clary run to Izzy’s room.

Isabelle heard a hesitant knock on her door. Alec again to check if she was alright, izzy supposed. She quickly dropped her phone, Simon could wait. She didn’t reach him yet. Izzy looked in the mirror to make sure her eyes weren’t red and puffy and walked towards the door. But Alec was not the one in front of it, Clary was standing there with her head hanging. She looked up when izzy opened the door. Clary’s eyes were red and puffy, izzy noticed. Clary opened her mouth to say something, but hesitated and closed her mouth again. Izzy pulled her into a hug. “I just came to pass by before I left”, Clary managed to say. Izzy hugged her tight. “Wait, are you leaving already?” Isabelle asked surprised.

Clary who planned on crying her heart out to Izzy indeed changed her mind, because staying longer at the institute there would be a chance to run across Jace and Clary was sure she wasn’t ready for that yet. That last thing was what she told izzy. Isabelle pushed Clary away from her but held her hands on Clary’s shoulders. “What is going on girl? Don’t you want to be with him now?” “No, of course not Izzy.” And the tears were streaming down Clary’s face again. Slowly izzy lead Clary to her bed and made her sit down. Before Izzy took place next to Clary she closed the door. A phone rang. Clary’s voice was no more than a whisper, “it’s yours, iz. take it, I can stay here for a while.” Clary curled up on izzy’s bed and closed her eyes to keep herself from crying.

Izzy checked her phone, of course it was Simon. Now he had time for her, not a really great timing. She ignored his call and pulled Clary up. “Now tell me what exactly did Jace say to you?” Clary opened her eyes and looked up at Isabelle. “It was something like, he didn’t want to hurt me, and maybe it was better if we broke up.” “He what?”, izzy stared at Clary with disbelief. “Well maybe that was not exactly what he said..” Clary corrected herself. “I asked him if he was going to break up with me, he looked hurt but he did break up with me.” Clary expected herself to cry, but no more tears came. Izzy took a deep breath. “What a coward, seriously what is that with you two. Always doubting while we can be certain you two love each other more than anything. Jace is so self-sacrificing with that ‘Clary deserves better than me’ of him.” “But iz-” Before Clary could finish her sentence Isabelle broke her off. “Clary, do you remember when I said that I hoped we moved to somewhere far away so Jace could get over you?” “eh yes.” Clary remembered that all too well. When Jace ran off with his suicidal mission to kill Valentine, she didn’t like to think about it much. A shiver went down her spine. “Please believe me when I say that after you found out that you weren’t siblings, I didn’t want us to move anymore. Clary, I’m gonna miss you so much.”

--------

Hello there, I hope you like the story so far. The next chapters will follow soon :)