8: We Remain.

[Metroman voice] I love you, random citizen.

For reading this, thank you. I won't hide and fake my death like metroman did now, I'll update :)

I'm sorry, I am weird, but remember: normal is boring and embrace your flaws.

'We Remain' by Christina Aguilera is my favourite song from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire soundtrack. ( Oh my that movie is so perfect ) Anyways: LISTEN THE SONG PLEASE. thank you.

Umm I guess that was it.. Thank you for reading and remember: Comment, Vote and Share. You know the drill.

( sorry it's a bit short )

Enjoy ! xoxo

---

Isabelle and Simon went who knows where, but Clary insisted on going back to the institute. The brunch had taken a couple of hours and they all had fun. Even Simon melted and could joke again. Now Jace was certain that Clary was his and not more than best friends with the vampire, he could actually see why people liked Simon. “Come on, left here,” Clary directed. This was not the way to the institute, Jace looked around and then it hit him. They were on their way to Clary’s house. “You could’ve warned me, Fray. So I could get some runes for my own safety,” Jace commented. The thought of seeing Clary’s mom made him a bit pale. Luke was okay, but Jocelyn still saw him as the son of Valentine. Jace knew that all too well. “Jace, you fight greater demons. But you are afraid of my mom?” “She was one of the greatest shadowhunters, you know,” Jace defends himself. “She likes you,” is all Clary says. “No she doesn’t and she has every right to. You’re her daughter and I am raised by Valentine. She lived as a mundane to hide you from my world, remember?” “Jace!” Clary stopped walking and turned to him so she could look him in the eyes. “Don’t talk like that. Don’t even think like that. I love you, I can’t live without you. And I am tired of you doubting that.” Jace stared at his girlfriend. She was the only one who could leave him at loss of words. He pulled her as tight as he could and kissed the top of her head. “I don’t doubt. And I am certain I love you too.” Clary kissed his lips and holding Jace’s hand she walked in the direction of her house. Jace followed her a bit unwillingly.

“So,” Jocelyn said. Clary went upstairs and left Jace in this awkward situation with her mom. Tough he was glad that Clary’s mother was trying to be nice. “Good morning Jace,” Luke greeted as he walked in. Saved by the werewolf. There was a small talk about everything and nothing until Clary came down and they left to the institute. “See, you survived,” she teased him.

Packing Jace clothes was a horrible job; well there was much to do. Mostly Clary was just trying to make everything fit in his bags. She also came across her shirt she thought was lost this morning. She smiled but didn’t mention it. She just packed it in his bag. There weren’t even that much weapons, just the Herondale dagger and another small knife thingy. Jace explained that most of his weapons were the institute weapons, some they couldn’t take with.

Jace went to the corridor to place his bags there, and Clary sat back on his bed. She swallowed hard, knowing a break down is close. Since Izzy told her the news, she hasn’t cried. Trying to be brave and just have fun for today. But time was ticking away so fast. Tears glistered in her eyes, so Clary closed them. It was not like she was never gonna see her boyfriend again. He wasn’t dying or something. Clary knew she could trust Jace, but was worried anyway. Clary has got to know the shadowhunterlife as a self-contained and a bit solitary life, at least when you (or your parents) run the institute. She expected that would be different in Idris. Shadowhunters didn’t really communicate with mundane, and maybe that’s why they call idris their home. It’s where they can be their selves and be with others of their kind.

Clary felt the bed sink in, someone came sitting next to her. An arm was wrapped around her shoulder. A thumb gently brushed over her cheeks. The shape of this arm is very familiar. “Shh, don’t cry my love,” Jace says. Clary sobs In his shirt and in Jace’s arms she feels safe. She looks up in the beautiful eyes of her boyfriend. “You. Are. Not. Leaving. Me,” she says, pausing after every word.

Jace holds her closes, the red haired girl with a bad temper, the first girl he ever loved aside his family and whispers in her ear: “I won’t ever leave you Clary Fray. I will always stay with you, in your thoughts and in your heart. My love for you is something distance can’t change; you’ll always be a part of me. I will come back for you. Whatever happens here, we remain.”

With tears glistering in her eyes Clary kisses Jace, sweet soft and lovingly.  It was true. They will remain.