chapter 1

Ophelia's POV

I couldn't believe we were having this conversation, no this had to be a dream. 'Wake up Ophelia, come on wake up!'

"Ophelia, Ophelia! Did you hear what I just said?"

That seemed to snap me out of my daze. Of course I heard what you said father, I was getting married in a month.

"This is another of your jokes, right dad?" I asked smiling. "Cause its really funny."

My dad sighed deeply, he looked at me with those intense grey orbs and I knew it before he said it. He wasn't joking.

"No amore mio, I am not joking, you are getting married in a month's time. The wedding preparations have already commenced."

I lost all sanity.

"How could you do this father!" I cried. "How could you?"

Unaffected by my outburst, my father paced around my room.

"I had no choice Ophelia, it was either you or my men."

"And you chose me?" I laughed. "I am your daughter for Christ's sake, your heir, and chose me over a group of worthless men."

"Enough!" my father faced me. His anger evident in his eyes. "I will not stand here and watch you insult my family."

"Your family? Your family?!" I spat. "What ties you to them, loyalty? I am disappointed in you father." I shook my head.

"Say what you will Ophelia. You would do the same if you were in my shoes."

"If you mean choose you over a group of criminals then my answer is NEVER!"

Without another word, my father left the room and slammed the door.

"L'odio!" I screamed and buried my head in my pillow, sobbing.

A lot of people would think me hysterical because I was crying over an arranged marriage. The truth is I wasn't crying because it was an arranged marriage, I was crying because it was an exchange marriage. I was marrying James Baddo's son, the most powerful criminal's son in all of Italy. I was a peace offering, no, a sacrificial lamb described the situation better. Someone thrown to the dogs to stop impending doom.

It all started two months ago. Seth, a member of the Empire cartel was dating Diana, a woman from the Sanctuary cartel secretly. It was nothing more than an exciting fling until he killed her.
He caught the whore in bed with another man, he killed her and killed the man without blinking an eye.

What this stupid bastard didn't know was that Diana wasn't an ordinary Sanctuary cartel whore, she was the Daughter of James Baddo.

My father was livid when he found out what happened. In fact the whole group was.

*** FLASHBACK***

"How many times have I told you never to hit a woman?!" My father slapped the already bloody face of Seth.

Bound to a chair and bleeding profusely, the poor guy couldn't even speak.
Slowly and painfully he took in laboured breaths. It was official, he wasn't going to survive this one.

"You not only disobeyed me but you broke òmerta, loyalty, you have endangered your brothers!" My father roared, unable to stop himself from hitting Seth.

"Why didn't you kill the guy for going after your woman?" Luke, the underboss spoke.

"Because he is fucking brainless." My father replied. "His stupidity began when he started dating a woman from another cartel!"

Smack.

Ouch. That sounded like a broken jaw.

"Did I not give you enough, huh? Name it, women, drugs, power, I made you my fucking child and what do you do? You go behind my back and betray me!" My father was ready to hit him again.

This had to stop.

"Father, stop!" I held his hand. "You're going to kill him."

That snapped him back to life.

"Ophelia is right, we still have to hand him over to Baddo." Luke spoke.

My father brought his hand to his side slowly.

"Take him away." He told the two guards. "Drop him at Baddo's door step."

They proceeded to carry him out the room.

"Oh, Seth?" my father spoke, causing the two guys to stop.

The poor fellow looked up to meet father's stern gaze.

"I disown you." He spat.

As if on cue, they hurled his body out of the room.

__________________

A/N:

So this is where it all begins.
Anyway in the next chapter, we're going to see Baddo's take on this issue. Remember his daughter was killed.

Remember babies,
Follow.
Vote.
Comment.
You can also private message me.
Xoxo.