chapter 4

A/N:

So.....this is Luke's POV and at some point he's going to recollect a scene and then go back to the present, so y'all don't get confused.

Luke's POV.

My princess is in pain and there's nothing I can do about it.
Seeing her in tears really broke my heart but once the boss says something, no one can undermine it, not even his daughter.

***

"You sent for me boss?"

"Read that letter."

I picked the letter from the table. It read:

"An eye for an eye,
How dare you exchange the life of my daughter for a worthless piece of shit.
I'm willing to give you a choice, the hand of your daughter
Or the life of your men.
Choose wisely.
Tick tock, your time starts now, give me a reply fast or you might lose both choices."

As long as I lived I would never forget the words on that note.

"Funny isn't it? Baddo was not the one to write letters when we were young but now he sends me a letter." The boss chuckled.

I shot him a dirty glare. Its a good thing he was facing the window or I would be a dead man.

This could mean war and he was telling jokes?

"What are you going to do, boss?" I asked.

"Sit down Luke."

I did but I did not get comfortable, not until I heard his answer. He sat down behind big desk and looked at me.

"I love my daughter, Baddo is right, I can never pay for the death of his daughter but I also love my sons. Did you know that the letter came with the decapitated head of Seth?"