chapter 45

The next morning, the whole house gathered downstairs, waiting to see what I would do to Xue. Before I got in, I picked Nicholas to come with me.

"Set up the picana and do not say a single word, under any circumstance, am I clear?"

He nodded.

We got in and I observed Xue for a few seconds before stepping into the light.

"Good morning."

"This is a joke. If you call this torture then you and your cartel are a joke."

"It got you prepared, didn't it?" I said, folding my sleeves.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"You're irritated..." The bright lights kept him awake, the sound of dripping water constantly hitting his head was to annoy him, "...and you're wet." I turned the water off, it had served its purpose.

As if on cue, Nicholas wheeled the equipment out.

"You've decided to bring the big boys, huh?" Xue mocked.

He handed me the prods. "No, its just you and I. He's just an extra."

I joined the prods together, letting out sparks so Xue could see. "Now, where is Ophelia?"

He didn't reply.

I walked up to him and placed the prods on the sides of his head. His body spammed. I let him have it for ten seconds.

"Are you ready to talk?"

"That...tickles." He heaved.

"Turn it up." I told Nicholas and he increased the voltage.

Then I let Xue have it.

"Where is she?"

Silence accompanied with heavy breathing.

Nicholas increased the voltage.

It went on like that for about ten minutes before Xue finally spoke.

"You... Won't get a single word from me."

"Either I get an answer or I swear to God, you won't remember your name by the time I'm through with you."

"Do your worst, Valentino." He had the guts to snicker.

I heard Nicholas turn the dial and this time I made sure he had it for 20 seconds. For all I knew, Xue had broken a world record, no human would be able to endure controlled bursts of this voltage for long....

Then a thought occurred to me.

"Turn it off! Now!"

"W-why?" Xue asked when I handed Nicholas the prods. "Going...for...a coffee break?"

"You bastard!" I punched him, breaking his nose.

He intentionally wanted me to fry his brains, he wanted me to kill him. I continued punching him, hitting the spot where I knew  the blood vessel carrying blood to the brain was located. He passed out. There was nothing he could do to protect his face since his hands were restrained.

Nicholas stood by my side, wordlessly following my actions of freeing him of his restrains and ripping his clothes off him. We threw him in the torture room's empty freezer. I made sure he was completely drenched in water before I locked the freezer.

"I'm putting you in charge here." I said to Nicholas. "No one comes in and make sure he doesn't go out. I'll send the twins to relieve you after three hours. You do not obey any order if it doesn't come from me, not Raymond, not even Antonio, am I clear?"