chapter 3

Ophelia's POV.

***
"No amore mio, I'm not joking, you are getting married in a month's time. The wedding preparations have already commenced."

***

No, No!!

My life was crumbling before my eyes and my father didn't care.
What happened to marrying the one you loved?

Someone knocked on my door.

"Miss, your father sent me to inform you that you're to have dinner with Mr Baddo's son this evening. Please get ready."

I saw red.

"Get out." I said.

"Excuse me?" he replied.

"I said get out! Tell my father to have dinner by himself." I screamed.

"But miss, you cannot disobey an order from the boss."

The idiot! The nerve!

"If you don't leave now, I'll kill you." I pointed a loaded gun to his head.

He turned white instantly. He closed the door.

I sobbed into my pillow. This was a dream, it just had to be a dream.

"Princess?"

Luke?

"Luke!" I called out to him, arms wide open with my tear stained face. "Luke."

He closed the door and enveloped me in his arms

"Shh........... Its okay, I'm here now."

"Daddy wants me to marry Baddo's son." I cried, snuggling my face into his chest.

His body became tense.

"I know princess."

No more words were said, the only audible sound in the room was my quiet sobbing.

"Princess?" he looked down at me uncertain.

"Yes?" I answered.

"You have to get ready, dinner is in an hour."

I disentangled myself from his embrace, I cleaned my tears and faced him.

So that's why he was here. My father sent him to convince me to come down for dinner. He wasn't here because he felt bad for me.

"I don't have what to wear." The perfect excuse.

"That's already taken care of, here...." He handed me a bag. "...That's your dress, shoes, jewelry and other essential stuff you may need."

How did I not notice the bag earlier?

Of course, only daddy dearest knew how to destroy my plans.

"Princess, can you manage on your own? I mean, I can stay here with you."

"Are you coming down for dinner?"

"Of course, I would never leave you alone with that swine."

"Then I can manage on my own."

I needed him to leave now. I considered him my friend but he preferred to do my dad's biddings than support me.

I cleared my throat, "Err...... I need to start preparing now." I needed him to get out

He stood. "I'll leave now."

I remained silent, pursing my lips.

With sad eyes, he placed a kiss on my cheek. "I'll see you at dinner.".

No reply.

I was so mad.

__________________

A/N:

Oh, supper short chapter. I'll definitely make it up to you guys.
Anyway,
It seems Ophelia is mad. Yeah, she nearly killed somebody.
Anyone got anything to say about kiss on the cheek??
:-)
Remember,
Vote.
Comment.
Follow.

In the next chapter, we'll go into Luke's mind to see what he has to say.
I make no promises, keep your fingers crossed and pray it's a long one.
Xoxo.

Princepessa is Italian for princess