chapter 5

Ophelia's POV

I just put on the last touch to my make up, despite my efforts to look ordinary, my face was flawless, my hair perfect in deep wavy curls and my skin glowed.

' The god's are not on my side today ' I thought.

I stood up from the dressing table and examined myself in the full length mirror.
Perfection was all I could see.

The ivory coloured dress clung to my body like a second skin and hugged all the right places. My six inch silver wedge heel was comfortable to walk in and matched my simple silver stud earrings, necklace and bangles. The dress itself was a strapless evening gown with a mid thigh slit on my right thigh.

My father knew how to dress a woman.

I picked my silver purse from the vanity table and walked out of my room.

Men and women who stood in the corridor made way for me to pass, while murmuring greetings. I didn't care.

I reached the top of the stairs and paused.
My father was welcoming someone who I assumed was Baddo's son. He looked handsome, ( my father ) in his white tux.
Behind him stood Luke in a similar tux but in black.

As if he could sense my presence, he turned towards the stairs and stared open mouthed.

I graciously walked down the stairs, stopping in front of him.

"Buonasera principessa, sei bellissima come semper." He said.

"And you look not too bad yourself." I genuinely smiled.

He smiled back.

"Amore mio, I'm glad you could join us for dinner." my father said.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. 'Like I had a choice' , I thought

"This is Baddo's son." he gave way so I could meet the swine.

I quickly assessed him, he looked like someone in his twenties and looked like a proper mob member that he was; the suit and all.
"Good evening, Baddo." I said politely.

"Oh come off it sweetie, I'm Daniel, Baddo is my father. What's your name precious?" he said, lifting my hand to his lips.

DISGUSTING! OH MY GOD!

"Ophelia." I said in my sweetest voice.

"You have a beautiful daughter, Antonio."

"Indeed, may we proceed to the dinning?"

We walked to the large dinning room that could be used as a banquet hall. The whole family was present, most of them with dates. This was really an important dinner.

My father sat at the head of the table, Baddo's son...I mean Daniel at his right, he didn't pull out a chair for me to sit. Such an uncultured prick.

"I'll do it princess." Luke said behind me. He pulled out the chair and tucked me in carefully and comfortably.

I mouthed a sincere 'Thank you' and he replied similarly 'You're welcome' and took a seat on the left side of my father.

"So, you're like the princess of the Empire?" Daniel whispered in my ear.

"You can say that." I replied.

"I like that name, maybe I should call you princess from now, what do you say?"

Silence.

No one apart from Luke called me princess, not even my dad. This dude was getting on my nerves.