chapter 15

Everywhere was dark and the oxygen in the air was not too abundant. I thank the Lord that I wasn't claustrophobic or I would be having a panic attack in this tight space I was enclosed in, still I tried not to breathe too much in order to conserve my limited supply of air.

My enclosed container started to move, slow at first, then at a neck breaking speed causing me to bump my head against the hard wall. I gasped, consuming my precious oxygen. I was tempted to hit the walls to alert the person doing this that someone was inside but stopped, I couldn't risk exposing my location.

Someone slammed the brakes and I hit my head against the walls.

Ouch!

Bright light exploded into my enclosed area, when my eyes adjusted I saw a golden haired person standing above me.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"I'm not going to let you ride in that boot for the rest of the journey, come on." He held a hand out. "You're sitting in front with me."

I sighed deeply. "I can do this Luke. Besides, if I sit in the car with you, the higher the risk of getting caught on surveillance cameras."

"First of all, the car has tinted windows in case you didn't notice. Secondly, we've passed all the surveillance cameras surrounding the mansion. We're not taking the main roads, so we're safe. Come on." He still held his hand out.

I took it graciously. That boot was way too small and uncomfortable for me to make it through the whole car ride.

Inside, cold air was blasting through the vents. The windows were rolled up, another safety precaution.

I thought back to when I told Luke my big plan and his funny reaction.

Flashback
***
"That's the most stupid plan I've ever heard in all my life." He stood up from the bench angrily.

"Come on Luke, let's just give it a try. If it goes wrong, I'll take all the blame for it."

"Its not about who's going to take the blame princess, there's just too much holes in your plan."

"Remember your promise to me Luke? You can't back out now." I stood in front of him, emotions welling in my eyes so he could see what this really meant to me.

He scratched and pulled his hair in frustration, swearing heavily in Italian before finally accepting to help me carry out my plan.

The plan was a very simple one. Luke was going to take his sick leave from dad because he never did get to rest after his fatal gunshot wound. Of course my dad would grant his underboss his leave. While he packed his things I would sneak and hide in the boot of his car then he'd drive us to somewhere safe, a place my dad wouldn't think of looking for me until the engagement and  wedding date passed.

Did this sound stupid to you?

End of flashback
***

I turned to see Luke clutching the steering wheel so hard.

''Just so you know, there's still something we've got to do to make this a success."

"Is there still more to this?" He looked at me with livid eyes.

"I just wanted you to know that everything we're going to do from now should be what only one person would do."

He chose not to reply which was good because I knew if he said one more word he'd turn this car around. Maybe I should just keep quiet and not push him over the edge.