Chapter 46

After a quick shower to wash off Xue's blood. I was out of the house and on one of Antonio's jets to see Ivani.

It was a long journey but I took solace in the fact that I would meet Simon soon. And when I did, oh God in Heaven help me.

When the jet landed, Ivani had a car waiting for me. I arrived his HQ and had to go through copious amount of security. One would think I came to see Mr President instead of an ordinary cartel head.

After being frisked by the guards standing outside his office door and declared 'clear'. I went to see him.

"Good, you're here. Now we can leave."

"Leave? To where?"

"To get Simon."

"Get to? I thought you said he was here?"

"I said, 'I found him' zashchitnik. I didn't say I brought him here."

"Where did you find him?"

"New York."

My phone pinged with an incoming message.

"So, you made me come all this way just to tell me we're going to New York! Why didn't you just tell me to head over to New York?"

It was an email from Antonio, it read:

'LUKE CRISTIANO VALENTINO! GET INSUBORDINATE ARSE OVER HERE AND EXPLAIN YOURSELF IMMEDIATELY!'

Its a good thing he couldn't reach me via phone call. So I could ignore his message.

"Alright then, let's go." I said pocketing my phone.

-------------------------------------------

After another long flight, we got to New York and had another long drive to get to Volkov territory where Ivani knew he would be safe from other cartel confrontations.

"Make yourself at home, zashchitnik." He said after he pushed the double doors of his home open.

I sure as hell was going to make myself at home when I got my hands on Simon.

"Where are you keeping him?"

"Who?" He asked confused.

"Simon?"

"Why the hell would I want to keep him in my house?" He asked with a raised brow.

I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration. "You said you found him, in New York."

"Yes, I did. He's based in New York. He has two casinos and a mega strip club. He has a wife and three innocent kids he cajoled into believing he's an investment banker. I have every information I need on him. Including the fact that he's under the protection of a rival cartel of yours, The Dragons."

Apparently he had everything about the man except the man himself.

"So what are we waiting for? Let's go get him."

It was his turn to pinch the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"For Christ's Sake, zashchitnik. I've had a long flight, you've had two. The least we could do is rest and refresh ourselves. Have patience, he's not running away. We'll get to him soon." He dismissed me with his statement and turned to the man standing besides him. "Show him to his room. Have the cook make something nice for dinner and have Martha come up to my room for..... Reacquaintance."

He headed up the stairs. "Get some rest, zashchitnik. I'll send for you when its time for dinner."

Unbelievable. I thought as I followed the man tasked with showing me my room. Ivani Volkov had the guts to dismiss me?