chapter 20

Ophelia's POV.

I opened my eyes and noticed I was in a dark and unfamiliar room, my throat felt very dry and my stomach growled because I was hungry. Something wet slid down my cheek and I wiped it off, tears.

Then it all came crashing down, the memories. He didn't talk to me, he pushed me away, he didn't care about me anymore. I pulled my knees up and cried harder. I was alone now because of my stupidity and desperation.

' Just because I love you doesn't give you the right to use me the way you do'

I've been selfish, thinking about only myself, forgetting the fact that Luke's neck was also on the line. All he was trying to do was to keep me safe, now I had pushed him over the edge and lost him.

I raised my hand to wipe my tears away when I felt something under my palm. With the little light in the room I picked up a big brown envelope, it felt heavy, I shook it but I was unable to decipher the contents.

I stretched and turned on the bedside lamp I noticed before. I tore the envelope open and put my hand inside. The first thing I pulled out was a folded piece of paper, I opened it and recognized Luke's handwriting.

There's a phone and a gun inside. The gun is for safety, self defence. Turn the phone on, I'll call you when I can.
- Luke.

Even though I was reading, I could still feel the distance. It didn't take a rocket scientist to tell me he had written the note after I slapped him.

I poured out the remaining contents in the envelope. I disassembled the SIG sauer p226 elite dark gun and found 12 bullets in the magazine, I sighed, it would do. Then I picked the case that contained the phone. It was a smartphone complete with all the accessories, it was new. A weak smile crawled up my face, he liked keeping me comfortable.

I turned it on.

After booting, I went through the phone and discovered that a lot of apps had already been installed, the music file was filled with my favourite songs.

Oh Luke would you ever forgive me?

I lay down on the bed waiting for his call.

Two hours later ...

Was he really going to call?

I was slowly drifting off to sleep when the phone lit up and Jason Derulo's 'Breathing' rang out.

I picked the phone faster than lighting.

"Luke?"

"Ophelia."

I flinched. He called me by my name, it felt like he physically slapped me.

Fresh tears flowed out of my eyes, I put a hand over my mouth to keep myself from crying out.

"I'm sorry Luke, are you still mad at me?" I tried, believe me I tried but my voice still came out a broken whisper and more tears flowed. Someone could easily tell I was crying.