chapter 36

NOT EDITED!

__________________

I clung to his pillow like my life depended on it, crying and inhaling his scent that would drift away as days went by.

Why did life have to be so cruel to me?!

What did I ever do to deserve this emotional pain?!

I wanted to go with him, I wanted to go home to my father, to my family even if it was the Mafia. I didn't want to stay in this house where perverted sights and orgies ruled the day, where moans and groans were the accepted lullaby of the night.....

Someone opened my door.

....And I couldn't even get time alone!

"Go away!" I screamed, even though I knew who it was. But deep down I hoped I was wrong and that it was Luke who had come back to stay.

"Ophelia its me."

"Leave me alone! Can't someone cry in peace anymore?" My voice finally broke as more tears poured.

She climbed the bed, ignoring my rudeness. "I'm here to help."

"Help do what exactly?" I asked with venom in my voice. If she didn't leave, I would take out my anger and frustration on her. "Leave me alone!"

"Sometimes when we're really hurt we tend to push people away, we hide our scars and emotional pain by closing ourselves up.... when in the actual sense all we want to do is to be held. Come here." She said patting her lap.

I took a few seconds to consider. She's right, I wanted to be held, I wanted to tell someone everything to get the weight off my chest..... but I knew I couldn't, instead I rolled over and placed my head on her lap, burying my face in Luke's pillow.

"There there sweetie, I've got you." She hushed me, gently stroking my hair until the fit subsided.

"Is it because he's gone?" She asked, referring to why I was crying.

I nodded.

"Awww sweetie..... He's going to come back."

Not for a very long time. I'm sure he said he was coming over for Christmas to stop me from crying. With everything that's going on he won't be able to leave on short notice.

"I miss him already." I said hugging his pillow.

"The way you hold his pillow is a dead giveaway that you want him back in your arms."

I sighed deeply, knowing where this conversation was heading. "Arabella.... I'm not in the mood."

"Then we'll get you in the mood. You've been stalling this topic for a long time, you owe me some juicy details."

I groaned and used Luke's pillow to cover my ears. "I've got nothing to tell you."

"Do I look like a two year old to you?" She yanked the pillow away. "Your little scenes of PDA and the sounds coming from your room at night prove otherwise, you have plenty to tell."

"Have you been eavesdropping Arabella?" I asked shocked.

She ignored my question. "Spill. I'm waiting."

"I don't know what you want me to say. Things are not what they seem between Luke and I." It was the truth, it was risky to tell the truth but at this point I didn't care anymore.

"Ophelia, you guys were all lovey dovey in the lounge a few minutes ago. Half of the house was downstairs but no one existed for both of you, the world stood still as you looked into each other's eyes...."