Chapter 3

Your P.O.V

I walked back into the village after being in the library and visiting the Irene statue. Alexis opened the gate and let me in. As I was walking away she jumped off the 15 foot wall and landed behind me. She ran towards me and stopped me.

"Lady Aphmau wanted to hold a meeting at the tree. She has an announcement to make." She said with a smile. I smiled back as sweetly as I could and nodded my head. I walked away and eventually came across Travis. He was leaning against the side of a house, but the second he saw me, he smiled and waved. I decided to talk to him, so I stopped in front of him. "So, does Aphmau know?" I asked him. He gave me a confused look. I sighed. "Don't act dumb, you know what I'm talking about." I said. He hung his head in defeat. "She does, but how do you know?" He asked me. I smirked. "I could sense your aura from a mile away, son of the Demon Warlock." I answered. He smirked. "You have magick too, am I asking you about it?" He said. I made a growl sound at him, before calming myself down. I hope he doesn't know. I followed him to the tree.

When we finally got there, everyone in the village was already seated and ready to start. I plopped myself down in the back. Aphmau got on a stool and asked for our undivided attention. "I have decided to start a new village." She stated. My eyes widened. This stirred up a lot of commotion and conversation before she silenced us again. "I am going to be taking a few people with me to go try and find an island to settle on. When that is done, we will come back to take people who would like to relocate." There was a moment of silence before she continued. "By joining the new village, you will find more opportunities and more privileges. But it will take a lot of work to put the place together. Does anyone want to come with me to search for the site where we will build?" She asked. I saw Laurence, Katelyn, the masked guy who's name is Aaron, Travis, a witch with orange hair, Emmalyn, Kenmur, and an old man with a mustache raise their hands. Aphmau looked surprised when I raised my hand. "Thank you for your time. Now I'd like to hand the rest of the meeting to Lord Levin." She said with a smile on her face. A guy with blonde hair who I assume is Levin got on stage and started to speak to us. It was pretty boring, so I left in the middle of it. While walking across the shore, I felt my 'other side' start to stir up. I felt a panic rise through my body before I ran behind a tree. There are Shadow Souls around. Crap. I hid in the forest as demonic wings came out of my back and curved horns grew out of the sides of my head. My clothing was ripped apart as crimson red and black armor engulfed my body. A sword materialized into my hand and I got ready to fight. I flew into the air to try and find the source of the dark energy. I found a group of Shadow Souls surrounding a family. There was a mother and two sons. The two little boys were holding sticks and trying to keep the Shadow Souls away from their mother, but the dark creatures simply grabbed their makeshift weapons and threw them to the ground.

I couldn't bear the sight any longer. I flew onto the ground and landed hard enough to crack the dirt and stone underneath. The Shadow Souls looked my way, and stared at me in shock. I smirked and charged.

One tried to grab my arm, but I quickly back flipped over his outstretched limb and cut it off in mid air. After I landed on my feet, I stabbed it in the stomach and watched as its body vanished. Three other Shadow Souls surrounded me. I thought of Travis and the attack he pulled on the Imps. They all charged at me at the same time, and as the were all an even distance away from me, I spun in a circle with my sword outstretched. The things stopped for a moment before their heads fell from their bodies, and then vanished into thin air. I looked back at the family. They had gotten away. I realized that my horns weren't going away and neither were my wings. I started to focus on them and took a deep breath. When I reopened my eyes, they were gone.

I walked back to the tree line that emptied out into the village and walked to the community-tree. Instead of getting a bed, I found a nice clump of branches to lay on. I put my head on a pile of leaves and watched the stars from a small gap in the tree. They were all making shapes. I saw faces, food, swords, food, constellations, food... food. I'm starving.