Chapter 14

Your P.O.V

While we were walking back, Eliot was quiet before I heard him breathe out and start talking.

"I saw you fight the bad guys in the cave because they made a hole on the side of the box, so..." He trailed off before closing his eyes as if gathering himself together and finishing his sentence.

"Can you teach me how to fight miss?"

I was shocked. He wants me, me, to teach him how to fight?! Wow.

"I'd love to!" I said with a smile. "You too mister!" He said while poking Travis on the back of the head.

I heard Travis chuckle before responding. "Sure kid."

Eliot kept his mouth open for a moment before smiling like crazy. He's so freakin' adorable!

Right then, I started to really study Eliot.

He had blonde hair that was almost white, and really bright blue eyes. He had freckles covering his cheeks and other parts of his face, and pale white skin.

I smiled. He was probably the cutest little boy I had ever seen.

"So, do you guys kiss and stuff?" Eliot asked while on Travis' back.

I almost tripped in shock at his question. "Where did you get that idea?!" I asked with clear embarrassment.

Travis started chuckling and turned his head to look at Eliot. "We kiss all the time." Travis said with a smirk.

I felt my face heat up before smacking Travis on the back of the head. "No we do not!" I yelled.

After crossing my arms over my chest, we continued to walk to Phoenix Drop while Travis complained that I hit him 'too hard'.

Alexis saw Eliot on Travis' back and ran over to us. "What happened?!" She asked.

"We found him in a bandit camp. They were probably gonna sell him to a slave trader or something. We saved him, but we need to make sure he's okay." Travis said before we made our way to Levin's house. Travis got Eliot into their basement and I followed closely behind.

When we reached the bottom, we saw our favorite elf sitting at her desk writing notes with potions practically pouring out of her packed shelves. She turned around to face us when she heard our footsteps.

"Oh! Hello (Y/N) and Travis! Who's this little cutie?" She said looking at Eliot. I saw Eliot blush in embarrassment and hide inside Travis' white hair.

"His name is Eliot. He was being held captive by a bandit camp before we saved him. Can you make sure he doesn't have any internal injuries?" I asked after explaining.

"You poor thing! Of course (Y/N)." She said as she picked up Eliot from Travis' back and set him down on her bed.

I walked out with Travis following behind me, and we continued to take a walk across the beach.

"So, does that mean Eliot is like our son?" He asked while wiggling his eyebrows.

I scoffed. "You wish. More like my little brother." I said while kicking sand around.

"So close." He said while pouting.

"Yeah, okay, keep telling yourself that. By the way, how's your map?" I asked him after his book popped into my mind.

He smacked his forehead. "Turns out you were right the whole time..." He said while trailing off. I started laughing.

"You're so dumb!" I said while patting his head. He smacked my hand away and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Rude." He mumbled and I started laughing harder.

"It's not my fault you're an idiot..." I trailed off and he let out a fake cry.

"That really hurt!" He sarcastically said.

"With all this flirting you do, I'd think you'd be used to it by now." I said. He rolled his eyes, and I decided to be kinda snarky.

"Keep rolling your eyes, you might find a brain back there!" I said while pointing at his head.

Travis looked at me and smirked. "If I wanted to hear from a butt, I'd fart."

I scoffed. "Go ahead, it's gotta smell better than your breath." I said while waving my hand in front of my nose.

"If you want to insult me, please write it down on a piece of paper, fold it into a ball, and kindly shove it down your throat." He said with an evil smile.

"Sorry, I'm allergic to idiots. Side effects include me going berserk and smacking them on the head. I suggest you get away from me." I responded with a fake hair flip.

"The difference between your opinion and food, is that I wanted food." He said with a fake hair flip as well. We sat there glaring at each other before we burst out laughing.

"We're idiots!" We simultaneously said. That just concluded in more laughter. "Sorry, I got carried away." I said before laughing some more. "Ditto." Travis said before we continued to chuckle for a while.

"But seriously, what are we going to do about Eliot?" Travis asked.

I held my chin with a thumb and fore finger before sighing. "I'm not sure. I think we kinda made ourselves parent figures to him, so we can't just leave him." I finished.

Travis nodded in agreement.

"I have an idea!" He burst which made me yelp a little. "Zoey loves kids! And she told me she would do anything to be able to take care of another one, so why don't we let her take care of him when we can't, which might be a lot, and we can teach him how to fight and conjure magicks if he has any! I think Zoey would love that plan!" He finished.

I smiled with my teeth. "I guess you aren't an idiot after all!" I said and he pretended to tear up.

"That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me." He said with a fake tear. I chuckled before hitting the back of his head again.

"Stop hitting me so hard!" He said while holding the back of his head.

"As soon as you stop being a baby, I'll think about it." I said and he smirked.

"So, we're doing this again?" He said. I laughed and so did he.

"Let's just go." I said while tugging on his ear and leading him back to Zoey's house to tell her the plan.

---------------------------------------------
Sorry this isn't as long as it usually is! But I made it a little more goofy than most of my chapters!

By the way, shoutout to:

@illumiculy

Because in her book 'Comebacks' I was able to make some clever roasts. Her book is hilarious, and I totally recommend and give her credit for most of the burns in the comeback session.

Thanks for reading!