Chapter 6

Your P.O.V

I woke up a little after sunrise, and I wasn't in a sleeping bag. My back felt like it had just been walked across by a 200 pound man.

"Stupid rocks..." I mumbled to myself. I walked a few more steps and was in the middle class of the campsite when I noticed that everyone was already up and gone. "Aww come on!" I yelled. I sprinted towards the village and saw Travis and Katelyn talking by the entrance. I felt a small sting in my heart, but ignored it and walked up to them. "Hey! You're up sleepyhead." Katelyn said. I let out a nervous laugh. "Where's Aph?" I asked. Katelyn pointed to a rubbish looking church. (A/N: I'm going to hell for that)

I nodded and made my way towards it. I was about halfway there when I heard footsteps. I turned around to see Travis running towards me, so I decided to stop and wait for him. "Hey (Y/N)!" He said with a cheery tone. "Hey." I calmly said. We walked in silence for the rest of the way. When we finally got to the old church, I ended up tripping over a loose rock. I stumble for a bit before officially almost falling in a hole. Almost. Before I could fall, I felt someone grab my hand. My entire body was leaning over the huge hole, and if the person holding my hand were to let go, I would probably break some things. I turned my head to see who it was. Travis. He pulled me towards him with a smirk and gave me a hug. I sighed in relief and kind of curled up into his chest for a minute.

"If you're hands go any further down my back prepare to have your arms broken." I said before he let go and put his hands up in surrender. I gave him a death glare and he only chuckled. "At least I didn't become the worlds best stumbler." He said. I said nothing before kicking him in the shin and jumping down the hole. Halfway through my fall, I grabbed my daggers out of my pocket and stabbed them into the sides of the hole to slow down my fall. I skidded to a stop, and dangled about two feet above the ground. I dislodged my daggers from the rocks and landed on a knee. "Jerk!" I yelled to Travis at the top of the hole. "Meanie!" He yelled back. I laughed and wandered through the tunnels before hearing Aphmau and Emmalyn's voices.

"This place is absolutely, 100%, the most incredible, mind boggling place I've ever seen! It can tell us so much about you and Irene!" Definitely Emmalyn. "Hm, but what is it?" Aphmau asked. "It looks like a mural that is depicting an incredible final battle between good and evil! But I have so many questions! Like, what battle is this, what do the symbols mean, and who could've drawn this?! Oh my Irene! I have so many questions I might explode!" Emmalyn again. "I might be able to help you with that." I said as I stepped out from behind the corner. "What do you mean?" Kenmur asked. I pointed to a large hooded figure that took up almost the entire background. "That might be Irene, and the other symbols appear to be the other Divine Warriors-" I got cut off by Emmalyn. "I thought so too, but Shad's symbol isn't here." She said. I nodded and pointed to the figure at the bottom of the portrait. "I think that might be him." I answered. "But what are the shadows behind him?" She asked as she pointed to the four shadows behind Shad the Destroyer. I sighed. "That is the Council of Shadows. Behind him, are Alexander, Jeremy, Alciel, and Ash. They ruled the Nether and all demons before Shad became imprisoned there and took control. That made the four other demons his generals and pawns." I finished. Emmalyn looked amazed by my information. "How did you know all that?!" She asked in pure excitement. "Uh, books, I guess?" It sounded more like a question than an answer. Dad had actually told me all that. Her eyes practically sparkled with wonder and curiosity. I decided to take a seat on a clump of rocks and listen to the rest of their conversation.

After a while, Emmalyn and Kenmur had set up a little work space in the middle of the room after looking through one of the tombs and finding a really weird looking orb. Aphmau and Laurence left, and I was just sitting with my legs crossed listening to Emmalyn talk about the mural with Kenmur. "But this information goes against some facts I always thought were true, Kenmur." Emmalyn said with wonder and worry. "Maybe there are still some things that need to be put in the timeline, like what happened in-" He almost finished but got cut off when my stomach decided to become a dying whale and practically yell for food. They looked at me with confused faces and I rubbed the back of my head while letting out a nervous laugh. "Guess I'm hungry..." I said before walking out of the room. I walked towards the opening of the hole and looked up. The walls didn't have the right texture to climb on, so I grabbed my daggers and stabbed them into the wall to climb up. After a lot of effort I got up and out of the hole.