Chapter 22

Your P.O.V

He ran at me with his blade being held above his head. He brought it down on me as fast as rattlesnake going for its prey. I barely had time to block it, and he was pushing down with such force, that I was surely going to be sliced in half. I dove out of the way and his blade dug into the ground. He yanked it out and ran at me again.

I ran for him as well, and right as we were about to clash, I dove under him and through his legs before regaining my balance and jumping into the air. I was about to slice his face in half when he blocked my hit. The force of the blow made me front flip away from his face.

I rolled a bit before getting back on my feet and we charged again.

We were swinging at each other from ridiculous angles, but every blow we attempted to use to hit the other, was blocked by either his huge and heavy knife-like blade, or my slim, silver katana.

It was pretty ridiculous for a while.

When there was this one clash, I attempted to roundhouse kick him in the stomach, but he grabbed my leg and swung me around before letting go.

I rammed into the wall and caused a hole with cracks that surround me. The air was knocked out of my lungs, and my katana skidded across the floor.

Through the smoke, I saw my fathers silhouette with a raised sword. I ducked out of the way before he could strike me and ran behind him.

His blade made contact with the stone, and he seemed confused when he couldn't find me.

I stood beside him and tapped on his shoulder. He whipped his head in my direction and I focused dark energy into my fist before right hooking him across the face.

He went flying towards the wall on the other side of the room. When he made contact with the wall I went running for my katana, and when I grabbed its leathery grip, I went running towards my fathers limp body.

Suddenly, he sprung towards me at light speed, and I had barely any time to react before he sliced my right cheek. I turned around to face him when my face started stinging. I felt the slit he put in my cheek before seeing something fall to the floor.

He got some of my hair too.

I felt fury in my body as I recalled having barely dodging that attack. I growled before we charged again. He attempted to stab me between my eyes, but I ducked under his blade and slid my katana against the bottom of his sword before I met the handle of his blade. I pushed my sword with incredible force and watched as the blade was flung from my fathers grasp.

It went skidding across the floor before he looked back at me.

I brought my sword down onto the middle of his face, and I made it quick so he couldn't dodge it.

But he did catch it.

My blade started cutting into his palms, but I was losing the upper hand. I used my leverage and the fact that his hands were occupied to kick him in the face and use his head as a launchpad to boost myself backwards.

When I landed on my feet, I held my sword out in front of me with both of my arms and spread my legs apart. I was breathing heavily when my father stood up and raised his hand to his eye level and made a C-shape with his hand.

I heard a faint clattering from behind me, and I looked at his sword that was about ten meters behind me. Then, at lightning speed, the blade floated up and went barreling towards me. It knocked my feet out from under me from behind and I fell on my butt as the blade's grip went into my father's palm.

My father smirked and ran for me as I was still struggling to stand up. The second his blade was inches away from my face, I rolled away and watched in horror as his blade sunk about afoot into the ground.