Chapter 21

Your P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of crinkling fire and soft breathing on my head.

I looked up and saw Travis with his eyes closed, signifying that he had fallen asleep too.

He was slouching against the wall while sitting, and I was leaning against him. His arms were around my body and my hands and head were resting on his chest while our legs were together.

I felt my face heat up until I remembered what happened before I fell asleep.

Oh, so this must be okay now.

I closed my eyes and smiled.

Yay.

I felt him stir around and looked up at him. His eyes fluttered open and revealed that beautiful emerald green.

I gave him a smile and he returned it. "Hey, one more thing." He said. "What is it?" I asked. "I almost went insane when I didn't see your beautiful face for  weeks, so please don't ever do that again." He said with a small smirk.

I giggled and looked back up at him. "Tell you what," I said before ripping my cloak off and throwing it into a nearby lava puddle in the cave we were in. "I won't wear that ever again." I said.

He chuckled and engulfed me in a hug. "Sounds good to me." He said. I felt my eyes widen and my heart start fluttering again. I smiled and hugged him back.

"So, what now?" He asked while we were still hugging. I thought about it for a minute. "Well, I don't really know..." I trailed off when an idea popped into my head.

"I came here to return to my father. But now that I have a reason not to, and a very good reason," I heard him chuckle under his breath. "I think I should do something I've been wanting to do ever since I escaped." I paused and looked at him. "Travis, I want..."

"I want you to help me kill my father."

His eyes widened. "But, you said it yourself, he's an all powerful demon! We could die!" He said in protest. "Oh well! I want to die fighting than cowering in fear forever!" I said back.

He paused and looked me right in the eye for a minute. We didn't break eye contact until he took a deep breath.

"Is this really what you want?" He asked. I eagerly nodded my head like a child being offered candy.

"Than let's go kick some demon butt."

---------------------------------------------

I was walking to my dads hideout. I remember the trail vaguely, but I was really surprised when I eventually found the entrance. It looked like a waterfall of lava, but I quickly knew it was fake.

I stepped through the falling fire and came out on the other side, which was in a completely different place than before. I was standing in a giant throne room that was practically floating above an ocean of lava.

I looked ahead to see the person I hated most in my entire life.

My father.

He resembled a human adult male, but I knew he was nothing short of a monster. He had horns coming out of the sides of his head, talons on every single finger and toe on his body, demon-like wings sprouting from his back, armor that was made from iron, obsidian and blood, and finally, something that made me want to throw up every time I saw him.