Chapter 16

Your P.O.V

When we got back to the tree, Aphmau looked like she was asleep, Aaron was slouched against a branch, Emmalyn and Kenmur were talking and reading, and Katelyn was scolding Travis for something.

"And for the last time, your pick up lines never work!" She finished. "Awe, they work on (Y/N)!" He said in his defense. "Not really." I yelled back. Travis pouted and turned back to Katelyn.

"(Y/N), when are we going to eat?" Eliot asked while tugging on my cloak. "Now." I replied as I opened a chest to reveal items of food.

Eliot's eyes widened and drool started forming.

I chuckled at the boy before looking back in the chest.

I was a bit disappointed when we only had one chicken and two apples, but it was enough for Eliot.

I handed him the food and he looked at me with curiosity. "I'm fine, I ate a little while ago!" I said reassuring him.

He nodded before digging in.

I set him down on a bed next to Katelyn and climbed up to my special branch.

I was starting to settle in when my stomach started to growl. "Crap, I'm starving..." I trailed off when I remembered Eliot.

I looked down at him  and saw him sleeping on the bed and hugging the sheets as if they were a teddy bear.

I smiled and knew I had made the right decision.

When I turned over to look up, I saw a pair of green eyes looking down at me.

"What the-" I stopped when Travis' face came into view.

"Jerk." I mumbled before turning away.

He started laughing at me before stopping and poking me.

"What?" I asked before turning around to see a chicken leg in my face.

"You seemed hungry." He said while handing me the food.

I almost bit off his hand while grabbing it with my mouth. "Jeez!" He yelled while retracting his hand.

I moved the remaining pieces around in my mouth, and spit out a bone. It was licked clean and all the meat was in my stomach.

"Thank you!" I said with a happy tone. He sighed before nodding and laying down next to me.

"What are you doing?" I said as he put his hands behind his head to look up.

"Well, I want to know why you sleep up here." He said never breaking his eyes from the stars.

I sighed before looking in the same direction as him.

"They're pretty." He said. I looked over at him and saw his eyes glimmering with stars reflecting off of them. He noticed I was staring and chuckled.

"If you wanted to check me out you could've just asked." He said and I felt my face heat up before looking away.

"Aw, I was just joking!" He said with a pouty face. I laughed at how childish he was and kept looking at the stars.

"You know, they're almost as pretty as you." He said with a wink. "Gosh Katelyn was right about the pick up lines." I said with a scoff.

Even thought I acted like I didn't care, I was a mess. My emotions were everywhere, my heart was beating a thousand times a minute, and my face was as red as my blood.