Faded

Song Above: Faded by Alan Walker

Your POV

I wake up from my dreaded sleep, as I hear continuous knocks on my door. Who's here at this hour?

I walk out of my room, not bothering on how I look. I peak out of the window, and see Garroth and Laurence there.

Should I go out? It's been a week... And I've been dreading real food. I have only been eating Pop Tarts and Nutella.

I get ready, as I try to untangle the mess in my h/c hair. I groan, as the brush gets stuck in my hair. "You know what?! I fucking give up!" I yell out in frustration.

I lower my sleeves and pull my hair back into a ponytail, and head out the door.

Laurence's POV

I look towards the knob as it starts to turn. Garroth looks at me in surprise. Y/N opens the door, and she looks at us with a bored expression. Her eyes are red and puffy, but still fierce.

"Move." She says, shoving us out of the way. "Woah. Y/N?" Garroth asks, in pain.

"Yes?" She asks angrily. Garroth looks startled at her response. I try to put my hand on her shoulder, but she slaps it off.

What's gotten into her?

She walks away, towards the plaza. "What just happened?" I ask Garroth. "I have no idea..." He says surprised and hurt.

Your POV

I walk toward the plaza, hoping I'll see that one girl again. I put my bitch face on, and greet this 'mystery girl', who coincidentally is talking with some guy with a fabulous pendant.

"Hello." I say emotionlessly. The girl looks surprised, while the guy... Well he had a bored expression.

"I'm Y/N." I introduce to myself to them.

"Hey! I'm Emerald!" The girl states, smiling brightly.

"Matthew." The guy states looking away, his black hair flowing. He turns back around, and shakes my hand.

As our hands shake, his hands bring up my sleeves. He looks at me with no expression but his eyes show pity.

Emerald gasps. I take my hand out of his grasp. Emerald tries to touch me, but I run before they can put their hands on me.

I run towards the docks. As I run, I bump into a guy with white hair. He apologizes and introduces himself.

"Sorry. I'm Erin!" His green eyes sparkle, as he smiles brightly. I just want to smile looking at him. I refuse my muscles to smile back, and introduce myself.

"Y/N." I say angrily. He seems not effected. How? Everyone gets scared when I use that voice.

I wave bye to him and sit down, my legs hanging over the water. Erin follows behind me, sitting next to me.

We stare off into the ocean in calm silence I start to silently sing a song.

{Play Song Above}
You were the shadow to my light
Did you feel us?
Another star
You fade away
Afraid our aim is out of sight
Wanna see us
Alive

Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Was it all in my fantasy?
Where are you now?
Were you only imaginary?

Where are you now?
Atlantis
Under the sea
Under the sea
Where are you now?
Another dream
The monster's running wild inside of me
I'm faded
I'm faded
So lost, I'm faded
I'm faded
So lost, I'm faded

These shallow waters never met what I needed
I'm letting go a deeper dive
Eternal silence of the sea. I'm breathing alive

Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Under the bright but faded lights
You've set my heart on fire
Where are you now?
Where are you now?

Where are you now?
Atlantis
Under the sea
Under the sea
Where are you now?
Another dream
The monster's running wild inside of me
I'm faded
I'm faded
So lost, I'm faded
I'm faded
So lost, I'm faded

Erin listens intensely as I finish. "You have a beautiful voice."

I smile at the complement. He smiles back.

"Why do I even live anymore..." I mutter as tears threaten to poor out.

Erin seems surprised.

"You serve a purpose Y/N. Someone here cares about you very much and would hate for you to be sad. I just met you, but I know we'll be great friends."

Tears pour out at Erin's statement. We talk until the sun sets. As we get into deep conversation of me, I'm already a sobbing mess.

Erin hugs me as support.

Maybe I do have a purpose....