Chapter Two

Elaina's POV

I woke up at 3am. Why am i awake this early? I seemed to have missed dinner, i accidentally fell asleep. Maybe my mom didn't want to wake me up. Thank goodness it's the weekend. I'm not ready to go back to that hell of a high school. I barely even made friends besides Niall and Zayn. I mean their group is friendly but i don't consider them as friends yet.

I do a lot of thinking when i wake up. I decided to fall back asleep, hopefully it'll be a good day.

*********

I woke up at 10pm, not bad. I wish i slept longer. I wasn't planning on getting up today. I rubbed my face and sighed. I got out of bed and took a shower and brushed my teeth. I combed my hair and left it wavy. I usually don't do anything special to it. I didn't feel like getting dressed so i wore grey sweatpants and a plain white t shirt.

"Good morning hun, want some breakfast?" my mum asked.

"Sure that'll be nice" i answered. At least i have one caring parent.

My dad wasn't much of a father. He took me so he has someone to torture and let out his anger to. He did it to my mom but she had enough. I don't want to make the same mistakes as them. I get enough problems. People bullied me because i was smart and i was always clumsy. I was pretty much a nerd without glasses.

"Breakfast is ready!" my mum called out.

I walked towards the kitchen and sat down. My mum put a plate in front of me, pancakes with bacon and apple juice. "Thanks mum" i smiled at her. She smiled back. It's great to be back with my mum.

I finish breakfast and walk upstairs to my room. My phone vibrated. I looked at it and got a text from Niall.

Niall: would you like to hang out with me and friends tonight?

Should I? I don't like hanging out with people that much. Maybe it won't be that bad.

El<3: Sure i will, lemme know the place and time

A few minutes later Niall texts back.

Niall: 7 pm, my house. I'll pick you up.

Wait how does he know where i live? That's what i don't get about guys, they suddenly know where you live as if they stalk you, well i think. I reply ok and looked at the time. 12 pm. It's early, maybe i should take a nap.

I fell asleep fast.

******

I wake up and it's 6:15pm. I've been asleep for that long!? I immediately get up to get ready to leave with Niall and his friends. I put on a black jumper, dark ripped jeans, and black TOMS. I left my hair wavy as usual.

It was now 6:59pm. Niall should be here any second.

The doorbell rang. Must be Niall. I opened the door and i was right, Niall was wearing a plain t shirt, black zipper jeans with his usual quiff. "Ready?" He asked

I nodded "Mom i'll be home soon!" I called out to her. She responded okay and Niall and I left.

The drive wasn't that long from my house to his. Only 25 minutes. We reach his house, which is huge.

Niall lets me go inside first. There's Harry, Louis, Liam, and Zayn with three other girls.

"Hi Elaina" Liam greeted. I only waved, i am pretty shy.

"This is Eleanor, Louis girlfriend, Danielle, Liam's girlfriend, and Perrie, Zayn's girlfriend" Niall introduced.

"Nice to meet you" Eleanor smiled. I smiled back.

"Take a seat, we are going to watch a movie" Harry said. I did what he said and sat in between Niall and Harry.

"Well what movie are we watching?" I asked.

"We're watching The Notebook" Danielle said excitedly.

"Yeah because you basically forced us" Louis muttered. Eleanor slaps Louis arm. The movie began playing. I'm not a fan of chick flicks and all but i actually like this movie. It makes me cry sometimes.

Halfway through the movie, i was falling asleep. I tried keeping myself awake but i couldn't. I laid my head on Niall's shoulder and fell asleep.

****

I woke up in someone's bed. How did i get here?

"Oh you woke up, you fell asleep last night so i put you in the guest room" Niall explained.

I nodded "i should be getting home now, my mum doesn't know where i am"

"It's fine, i'll drop you off" Niall offers. I fix myself up and got into Niall's car. He drove me back home. "Here we are love" Niall said.

"Thanks for dropping me off" i smiled. "No problem" Niall said. I got out of the car and went inside my house. My mother was there asleep on the couch. I shook her a bit to wake her up. Her eyes fluttered open.

"Where were you! I was worried sick about you!" My mum half yells.

"I was at a friend's house watching a movie with friends and i accidentally fell asleep" I answered.

"You could at least tell me! I was waiting almost all night worrying about you!" My mum exclaims.

"I know i won't do it again" I tell her calmly.

"Good i have to go to work soon, you may fix yourself up for some breakfast if you want any" my mum says and goes upstairs. She can be overprotective at times. I didn't expect to sleep at Niall's house though. Why didn't he wake me up? I shook my head, i didn't feel like eating breakfast so i went upstairs to my room. I plopped on my bed, groaning. It's a good thing my mother is leaving for work, i need some time to myself.

"Elaina! I'm leaving for work! I left some money on the table! See you when i get out of work" My mum called out. I heard the door shut, I got up and changed into grey sweatpants and a dark green tanktop. I walked down the stairs, seeing the money my mother left me. I should just save it for later.

My phone rang, It was Niall. What does he want now? I answered the phone "Hello?"

"Uh hey Elaina, it's NIall" Niall said nervously through the phone.

"Hi Niall, what do you need?" I asked him.

"I was wondering if i could come over? Just to talk, me and you?" Niall stuttered. He's cute when he gets nervous. But why hang out with me?

"Sure, you can come over" I accepted.

"Great, see you in an hour. Bye Eli" Niall said overjoyed. I love the way he uses my nicknames, El & Eli. I like Eli better though.

"Bye!" I hung up the phone.

Why would he want to hang out today? Especially on a Sunday? My mother doesn't come home until later, so we both have enough time. Maybe i should change out of this, i don't want him to think different of me. Although it is a lazy day for me. I'll just stay in this. i feel more comfortable in it. I fixed up the house a bit so it will look neat.

An hour passed, i am on the couch waiting for Niall. Finally the doorbell rang. I opened the door and it revealed Niall, dressed in a navy blue sweater and grey sweatpants. HIs hair in a messy quiff. I guess he didn't bother to change either.

"Hi Niall. come in" I smiled. He smiled too and walked inside.

"Nice house" Niall complimented. "Thanks, i guess" I nervously laughed. I am such a mess when it comes to boys.

"So why did you come here?" I asked him, patting a seat for him on the couch for him to sit.

"i want to know something" Niall said in a serious tone.

--------------------------

Yay second chapter! I hope it was good enough, it took me hours because i was thinking of ideas for this chapter.

Vote and comment please! <3