Movie Night

It was about 1:30 by the time people started to show up. My uncle walked in carrying a giant basket of candy and popcorn, and of course beer. Then a few minutes later my Aunt Becky and Lily the best freaking cousin ever arrived.
"Lily!" I ran up to her and engulfed her in a hug.
"Danny Boy! How've you been?" She asked.
"I've been great, but you've been away to long." I pouted pulling out of the hug.
"I know, I know but I've been busy. Unlike you I have to deal with the struggles of a college life." She complained.
Ya, I forgot to mention. Lily, is a sophomore in college and is actually going to turn 20 soon.
"Ya, ya whatever." I teased.
"Haha, oh who's this?" She asked gesturing. towards Mykie.
"Oh Lily, this is my girlfriend? Mykie." I said in more of a question.
"Hi, nice to meet you." Lily extended a hand towards Mykie and Mykie excepted.
"Hi." Mykie greeted and Lily smiled.
We then proceeded to make the rest of the food and set up the snacks. And my Grandparents showed up a bit later.
Once we were all set, we all gathered into the living room and we had the choice of The Goonies or The Princes's Bride. After a bit of debating we all eventually agreed on The Princes's Bride.
I sat in between my mom and Lily while my Grandma chatted away into Mykie's ear. And my uncle sat in the corner with a beer talking with my aunt.
"Hey Daniel." My uncle called out.
"Ya Fred?" I asked.
"Here." He then proceeded to hand me a beer.
"Uh, no. I don't think so." My mom intervened before I could take it.
"Oh please mom, it's not like I haven't had one before." I teased and took the beer.
"What?!" My mom exclaimed and everyone laughed.
"Oh come on sis. Let the kid live a little. Oh here's one for you too Lily." My uncle said as be handed Lily a beer and she gladly obliged.
"Becky! Are you just going to let her drink that?" My mom complained.
"Hey she's almost legal, so it doesn't bother me." My aunt stated.
"Ugh, what is wrong with this family. I swear Becky you are just like Ben." My mom gave my aunt a soft smile.
And if you're wondering, Ben is my dad and Becky is his sister.
"I miss him too, Emma." Becky comforted.
My mom sighed then looked at me.
"Go ahead, but only one." She allowed me to drink.
"Yes!" I proceeded to open the bottle and so did Lily, we cheered then took a big swig.
Man, I love my family.

***

The movie was over now but we all proceeded to talk and eat and drink. And everyone was in the kitchen but I stayed in the living room.
"Hey bud." My uncle walked over and sat next to me.
"Oh hey Uncle Freddy." I greeted.
"So I heard that little Daniel James Winston, is going steady. Never thought ode hear those words." He teased.
"Ya."
"Do you like her?" He asked.
"Ya, a lot actually." I smiled.
"You love her?"
I nodded.
"She love you?"
"Wow, you sure have a lot of questions." I teased. "But, I don't know. I told her I loved her, but she didn't say anything."
"Well let me tell you something bud. You don't have to worry." He said.
"What, why?"
"I see the way that girl looks at you. I can tell, she feels the same way." He commented making me smile.
"Thanks, Fred."
"Oh, no problem kid. It's great seeing you." He said patting my back.
"You too." I smiled.
I loved talking to my uncle. He was like my mom, I could talk to him about anything.
God, I seriously love my family.

----
I love this song at the top, and I feel like it works with the chapter.