I Don't Like Him

Mykie's Pov.

I called Caleb to come give me a ride home and being the good best friend he his he asked if anything was wrong I said no, that was a huge lie.
Once I got home I was greeted by the usual screaming and throwing of random objects. I went straight to my room and collapsed on my bed.
"What just happened?" I mumbled to myself. No more importantly what wrong with me why did I let that happen. I almost kissed the biggest douche bag I've ever met, why though, that's the question, why. I couldn't possibly like him could I, no that's stupid, why would I like him. 
I mean he's kinda cool and funny, no I don't like him, I won't like him, I can't like him.

****

Mr. Willoughby gave me a ride to school the next day as promised, and the last person I wanted to see when I got their was Daniel but of course the first person I see, can you guess. Congratulations it's Daniel freaking jackass.
"Hey Mykie!" He calls out as he ran through the halls.
"Oh hey." I say awkwardly.
"Hey Mykie I just want to say sorry about yesterday I didn't me-" I held up a hand to cut him off.
"Don't say it lets just drop it and never think about it again." The only problem I don't want to stop thinking about it, wait what am I saying.
"Oh ya sure." He nods and we head into class.
Class went by pretty slow, and I couldn't keep still for the life of me I swear all I could do was think about yesterday. Ugh why can't I get it out of my head, damn you Daniel.

****

It was lunch now and as usual me and Caleb sat together but something strange happened, Daniel didn't come over to our table no he stayed with Mason, why, why do I care.
"Hey you okay?" Caleb asked snapping me out of my trance.
"What? Oh ya never better." I lied.
"You sure because you look really upset and you keep glancing at Daniel." There you go again Caleb reading me like a book, I swear he could be a psychic.
"Do I? Really, I didn't notice." I said awkwardly.
"Ok tell me what happened." I sighed in both defeat and relief.
"Ok well.." I began to tell him about yesterday and Caleb's eyes were locked on me the entire time and once I finished his intense stare turned into a giddy smile.
"Wait really?"
"Yep." I said.
"Oh my God!" He squealed, incoming school girl Caleb.
"Dude calm down its not that big of a deal." I said annoyed.
"Yes it is he almost kissed you!" He exclaimed.
"Dude calm, I swear you have a bigger crush on him than I do- oh that's not what i meant, I mean." My face went bright red. Caleb crossed his arms in victorious pleasure.
"Knew it." He said simply. "You do like him."
"What no I was just making a joke." I denied his prediction.
"Uh huh sure." He said as he took a bite of his burger.
I don't like Daniel there's no way I refuse, I will not, but then again it's so hard not to.

As I walked to my next class I saw Daniel being stopped by the same girl who talked to him about the dance.
'Why does she keep bothering him?' I thought. I began to walk past them slowly so I could here what they were saying.
"So have you thought about it?" She asked.
"Ya and I don't think I'm going to do it." He says.
"Why not?" She wined.
"It's just not my thing." He said.
"Oh ok, but I have one more question." She said. Ugh what could she want now.
"Shoot." He said.
"Will you go on a date with me?" This made me stop in my tracks. "I mean we're in the same math class and, I thought you were really cute and you seem really cool so I was wondering." She finished.
"Um," I didn't want to hear this, I didn't want to hear him say yes, so I began to walk again and make my way to class.