Mindful Soul cont.

"Alright, you put on this shirt and you put on this shirt." One of the team leaders hand out team shirts. Of course, me and Prince are on opposite teams.. I'm on Team Silent Assassins— typical military name i guess. I take my shirt off  and put on the other one. I had a tank top underneath so nobody saw anything.

Jacob slides behind me, putting his hands on my waist. His grip signals that he's going to tell me something. I lean my head against his chest, waiting for him to say whatever he had to say.

The guy who handed out the shirts starts explaining what games we're going to play, and how the score works.. I listen to him until I'm interrupted by a deep soft voice in my ear. My brain flickers my attention from the guy to Jacob.

"Loser has to get naked for the winner tonight.." I raise my eyebrow, tilting my head to the side slightly. The thoughts of him naked in front of me makes me giggle. My head nods, telling him okay.

"Alright, we'll start the first game now by playing Don't Pop The Watermelon. This game is when you put rubber bands around a watermelon, and which ever watermelon explodes first wins."

Jacob kisses my neck softly then mumbles. "Game on, baby girl." I smile a little shaking my head. This man I swear.

"Team Killer 3's come up and get your watermelon." Prince walks out from behind me, heading over to his side where his team is. I eye him, putting my hand on my forehead to block out the sun.

"We're Team Killer 3's cause it only takes 3 strokes to get her done." One of the soldiers say, nudging the other guys. They start laughing like hyenas, and I shake my head more.  Jacob does the same, folding his arms across his chest letting out a small chuckle.

His muscles budge out a little, making me lick my lips. "Ain't that right, Jay?" He looks over at the soldier then glances at me. "That's right." He says as a smirk floats upon his lips. Corny.. just corny men.

The instructor gives our team our watermelon. "Head over to the table." Both teams walk over to the big tan table, setting the watermelon down. I glance around to see who all is on my team. I don't know a lot of them, but there's 2 ladies and 4 men so 7 of us total. Sounds good to me.

In front of us are thousands, and thousands of rubber bands. I grab a couple, holding onto them. Let it start.. The instructor comes to the front of the table and looks at both teams. I stare at the watermelon, thinking of the fastest possible way to get the watermelon to pop.. If we let someone hold the watermelon then the rest of us all grab 4 rubber bands at a time and put it on the center of the watermelon. The pressure will be too much, and it'll explode.

"GO!" I come back from my thoughts at the sound of a whistle. Immediately, I roll the watermelon to one of the girls. "Hold it!" I say as I start putting rubber bands on the watermelon. Everyone else on my team does the same. A couple of them pop, and hit me but it doesn't hurt. I glance at the other team to see them doing the same tactic. Shit.

We start moving faster and faster, getting the rubber bands on in bunches. "It's gonna blow!" Taking a quick look at the watermelon, I step back before it pops right off the table and splits in half. All of a sudden cheers and high fives come from my team. "Yes!!" I say loud enough for the other team to here. They look over with disappointed faces and sad looks, but some of them smile and chuckle. I laugh and wipes my hands off on my pants. "We totally owned y'all!" The girl who was holding the watermelon on my team said. "Hell ye-"

Mid sentence of us bragging the other teams watermelon pops up from the table and splits. One piece goes flying right towards Jacobs' face.. Pause. Have y'all ever seen a slow motion part of a movie where everyone's like "Ohhhh noooooo!" Yeah, this was one of those moments.

The watermelon hits him right on his eyebrow causing his head to go back slightly and a small grunt escapes his mouth. I hold my laughter while he holds his face. "Ah shit.." He says moving his hands. Everyone stares at him and my eyes widen.. when some blood starts to trickle from his eyebrow. He looks at the blood on his hands then shrugs. "I'm cool, let's keep playing." Everyone shrugs and the leader starts discussing the next game. I gladly interrupt him.

"No no no, pause. Jacob.. C'mon. I'll clean that up for you. We'll be right back." I walk over to him and grab his hand, pulling him towards the house. "I'm fine, Lana." He chuckles, following behind me by force.

"Ah ah.. hush up. Do you want it to get infected and ruin your pretty face?" I glance back at him as I walk into the guys house and head into the guest bathroom.

"No, I don't.." Prince says eyeing me then closes the door behind him once he gets in. I let go of his hand and look at him. "Okay then sit down, and let me fix it."

A small smirk appears on his lips as he walks over to the toilet, putting the seat down and sits on it. I start looking in the cabinet for a first aid kit. "I don't know where the kit would be." I tap my fingers on the counter then look at Prince.

"Look under the sink." He says pushing his curls back. My eyes lighten up. "Oh yeah.. DONT look at my ass." I squint at him then slowly bend down opening sink cabinet and grab the kit.

"Girl, wasn't nobody looking at your ass or thinking about your ass." He says with a playful attitude. I roll my eyes then stand up, putting the kit on the counter opening it.

"Keep playing and I'll leave you here bleeding." I smile slightly, grabbing an alcohol wipe showing it to him with a raised eyebrow. "Let's just get it over with." He huffs and nods.

I smile more opening the packet walking over to him. "Such a strong, brave man. Ugh my goodness!" I say using a fake country accent then laugh. The back of my hand flies to my forehead while I act like my knees go weak.

He laughs a little shaking his head. I stand in between his legs and tilt his head back a little so I could get a better view. We both stop laughing as I start cleaning his wound.. I glance in his eyes a couple times, earning eye contact with him and every time we do I blush.

"That was a hard watermelon, huh?" I ask in a soft voice, patting his eyebrow making sure the blood comes off. He grabs onto the back of my legs and furrows his eyebrows from the pain.

"Yeah, shit hurt lowkey but I've been in more pain than that so its cool." I nod in understanding then wipe off the excess blood on his face.

"Let me just put some gel on this and give you a butterfly bandaid then you'll be good." I smile a little, looking in his eyes again.

The contact comes back.. and we're just staring. It's a moment I don't want to end. Just me and him.. no baby, no worries, no moving, just us.

I catch myself in my thoughts and quickly look away then grab the gel from the kit. "Uh uh, don't do that." I hear his deep voice say. I turn back towards him to see him, standing right behind me.

He grabs my chin softly, tilting my head up forcing me to look in his eyes.. His face leans down and our lips connect softly. I drop the gel and reach up, putting my hands on his face. He quickly reacts, grabbing my hands backing me up to the wall placing them above my head with one hand. Oh man..

LEAVE COMMENTS AND RESPONSES PLEASE. 💗 Im sorry, my summers been busy but I'll try to get another part up soon. I hope you all understand.