Scandal.

Please leave feedback.
Explicit content is within this chapter.

I took the longest route to the stadium so I had time to gather my thoughts. Going to see Kait behind Lana's back is bad, it's not my best idea, but I want to keep her safe. I didn't even have a plan on what this deal was with Kait, I was free balling it—going off the dome. Anything to keep her away from my family.

3:13 p.m

Making my way into the parking lot, I spotted her car yards off into the distance. I pulled up beside her, pressing the 'push to start' button to turn off the engine to my Audi. She was already making strides over to the car when I got out the car, closing the door behind me.

"Well well well," she hummed slightly, folding her arms across her covered chest. My eyes squinted from the sun beaming into them. "I started to think you skipped out on me, Jay."

I pulled my shades from out the inside of my jacket pocket. "It's Jacob, and no. I told you what was up, I was serious about it." My shades rested on my face as I shoved my hands into my pocket, suddenly noticing how chilly it was.

Her eyebrow raised, "It was Jay before."

"Well, it's not now," I snapped back, staring her down through the shades. The amount of anger obviously detectable from my tone, it seeped deep within my body.

She gave me a long look as I leaned back against the car. "Fine—Jacob," She added after a small pause, her hands now up in defense. "Let's talk about this deal."

"Once every two weeks, I meet up with you and we go out or talk. Do all that shit as friends."

Every second that Ive been here with her, I've mentally kicked myself in the ass. The only thought arising in my head every minute was how Lana would react and how I would tell her about the things I'm getting ready to do. Would I even tell her?

Hell no.

"Once every week," She protested with a smug look on her face.

I remained calm. "No. I do have a girlfriend and a kid." The emphasis on 'kid' shook her a little as she gave me a disgusted expression. "My time with them is of esse—"

"Fine." She spat back before I could finish the sentence.

"The only thing you have to do is stay away from Lana and Nila," I state sternly, clenching my fists in my pocket. "No mystery calls, no lurking around the house, no bullshit, Kait. I'm serious."

"Noted," She said giving me a simple nod of the head. I gave the nod back as we agreed in understanding.

We sat there in silence. I listened to the wind swoosh past my ears before looking back down at Kait.

"So," She started, giving me time to brace myself for the comment. "I heard you're leaving in a month or two." She pushed some hair back behind her ear to soothe herself. Her blue eyes looking up at me.

I short responded. "Yeah."

How the fuck does she know that?

"How'd you know about that," I asked, coiling my eyebrows together as I straightened myself. Nobody is really suppose to know about me being promoted yet. It's protocol, not to tell before leaving right before training. Men and women in the military would die to be in my position.