Reserved.

Please leave feedback.

The light breeze from the balcony swam through the living room. The day being occupied with cleaning the house since someone wouldn't let me go to work. Speaking of that someone, Jacob had been in his office with a couple of security guards for the past hour leaving me and little Nila to ourselves.

We kept ourselves busy with sweeping the kitchen, vacuuming every carpet downstairs, the usual cleaning. I kept her in my arms as we cycled around the house. Her casual babbling and drooling kept me motivated to hurry and get it done.

Once remotely done with downstairs, we made our way up the stairs down the hall. Nila grasping onto my sweaty shirt, continuing to babble on and on.

"Where's daddy? Let's go find him." Nilas' bright, doe hazel eyes gazed up into mine as a small reminder of myself.

I'd do anything for you, babygirl.

While on the way to Jacobs office, I could hear minor yelling along with harsh words. Not being able to tell who it was directed at, I looked down at Nila who'd been making an "O" shape with her mouth as if she understood what he was saying.

I gave her a small nod, raising both eyebrows. Leaning close to the door, I give it a small knock before opening it and poking my head up to see a hot headed broccoli top. As soon as he saw me and Nila his demeanor changed, smiling a little.

Peaking at the guards, I wandered in and cracked the door behind me. Nila squealed at the guards,
giving them the cutest wave as we walked over to the desk. They signaled back to her before putting their attention back on Jacob.

Jacob, who had been looking back at the guards already dismissed them with a single flick of his wrist before letting out an exasperated sigh. They made their way out, leaving us and Nila.

"Baby, are you okay?" I raised an eyebrow as he reached out for Nila. Switching her into his arms, he leaned back in his chair, giving me an assuring nod. I continued on, "You promise?"

He cocked an eyebrow back at me, giving me a knowing look of dominance. "What did I say," He asked, his voice low and dangerous. I put my hands up in defense before putting myself onto the desk right in front of him, but reframed from interrogating him further, though I knew he was lying.

"Hi, babygirl." He began smiling even more at Nila who bounced up and down in his lap. She gave him a bright toothless smile. Her tiny hands reaching out for his face in which he brought her closer to fulfill her desire.

I looked down at my caramel thighs and fiddled with them, wondering what was happening. I wanted him to be able to trust me with this information, but when I ask he shuts me down every time.

"Stop," He remarked sharply which made me look up at him, instantly making eye contact. "Stop thinking about it."

I sigh, averting my eyes over to our giggling baby. "I just want you to be open with me, Jay. You hiding this stuff from me doesn't make the situation better, babe. It just makes me anxious."

He hardens his eyes at me for a second, keeping a smooth poker face for the tiny human in front of him. "I'm not hiding anything from you, Lana. We'll talk later."

My eyes roll before I can stop the action. His response is a genuine chuckle, "That's a new one. When'd you start doing that?" One eyebrow cocked as he glances down at Nila, who is five minutes from sleep on his chest.

"Shut up," I retort back, not being able to hide my irritation. He focuses his attention back on Nila. "She's getting so big," he says softly, running his fingers tips over her soft brown curls causing her to nestle up against his chest more.