Esotric cont. ®

Lana

Stretching my body out in the bed, my eyes flutter open but quickly close from the bright light targeting directly in my eyes through the white, silky curtains. My head pounding like a professional drummer has found the perfect tune and has put it on repeat. I groan, rolling over onto my back tossing my arm to the other side of the bed to feel the warm presence of my 'boyfriend' missing.

Where is Jacob?

My eyes squint open in attempt to fully wake myself up. Slowly, they open all the way. I reach up to my eyes, rubbing the sleepiness out my eyes involuntarily. Looking around the room, my pants and shirt are on the floor looking very uncomfortable. I haven't been that drunk since March Madness in college. Slowly I sit up, running my fingers through my hang-over hair.

What happened last night? God, my head hurts.

A small knock comes from the bedroom door. Rubbing the back of my neck, I turn to look at the door. I didn't know Harper was still here.

"Harper, just come in."

When the door opens I'm completely awoken and sober to a man's face I've never seen before. My face reads complete terror. I open my mouth to speak, but he cut me off before I can.

Please tell me I did not sleep with this man!

"Ms. Lana, I am James Cartle, your bodyguard. You didn't sleep with me, trust me," My mouth still wide open. He raises both eyebrows, causing me to close my eyes and drop my head earning some extra pain, "Jacob let me in this morning. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Yes, I'm fine. Just have a headache," I note with my head still down, feeling incredibly relieved that I didn't sleep with the dark-haired, 6'7 man standing in my doorway.

"Okay ma'am, if you need anything let me know," he says then starts closing the door. I lift my head up and look at him.

"Where's my boyfriend, James?" Mentally slapping my forehead, I shake my head, "I mean Jacob. Yes, Jacob. Where is he?" I whisper in embarrassment.

James tries to hide his humorous smile, but fails then responds, "He's at the base talking to the head-quarters. Would you like me to get him on the phone for you?"

I run my thumb across my lips before shaking my head, "No thank you. I'll do it."

He nods then steps back out the room, closing the door.

I tuck my lips in my mouth, looking over towards the bedside table to see a note along with my phone, two tablets of medication and a glass of water. Leaning over, I grab the note and my phone. First, I open the note that reads..

Went out for a bit. Be careful. No drinking. It's off limits for right now. Take the medicine when you read this then call me.

I roll my eyes at the demands in the note then grab the medication and glass, tossing the pills in my mouth following the action with two gulps of water.

Who made him the boss?

I take my phone slowly getting out the bed, immediately calling Harper. If anything I need to speak to her rather than him.

She picks up the phone instantly, "Hey boo."

"Hey girlie," I smile a little, grabbing my silky, pink robe slipping it on over my night gown, "What are you up to?"

She sighs, making a weird noise, "Nothing. You woke up really late. Last night was fucking crazy." She continues as I tie the robe then walk over to the door.