Impulse cont.

Please don't forget to leave feedback! Thank you.

Resting my elbows on the table, I look at Jacob smiling at him with a raised eyebrow. Everyone at the table had left to dance after the military announcing of Jacob being welcomed to the base family, but we decided to stay and talk at the table with a few drinks. I was definitely feeling it.

"No way," He says with a wide grin on his face, obviously amused that I actually was a athlete in school. "There's no fucking way."

I twirl my index finger around the rim of my wine glass, nodding my head, "Yes way! I'm telling the truth, soccer, cheerleading, basketball, and volleyball." I laugh a little.

He shakes his head, sending me an intrigued look.

"And here I thought you were a girly girl."

A gape at him slightly before tilting my head to the side, "You should have known I wasn't when you found out I worked in a hospital. I'm either covered in blood or trying to get it off of me."

His hand reaches out for his drink, snatching it up and putting it towards his lips slowly. Cautiously, I watch as he parts his lips and tips the glass back causing the rest of the drink to slide down into his mouth. The strawberry from inside the glass falling upon his lips. I bite my lip, crossing my legs tight.

Why does everything he does turn me on?

The affect he has on me is quite pathetic, and makes me believe I'm a child again. I've never had a feeling so strong for anyone before.

"Baby, did you hear me?"

I snap back into reality, blinking various times before focusing my attention back on Jacob. I probably looked weird just staring at his lips and face, "Huh?"

I need to stop doing that.

"I said," he starts as he gets up from his chair, fixing his suit, "I'll be back." He leans down next to me settling a kiss onto the center of my forehead. I nod and smile as he strides with determination over to one of the bodyguards, who then leads his out the building. Sitting back in my seat, I stop another waiter to take another glass of champagne from their tray. This time this one has pineapple in it. I hold the cup up to my lips, turning my head to the side watching everyone dance. In the mix, I see someone standing dead in the center.

What are they doing?

I squint my eyes, trying to focus on the figure but the champagne was kicking in once again, making my vision slightly blurry.

Are they staring at me?

My settle on the figure, making out the figure of a woman just standing there—looking at me.

"Hey, are you okay," Mama Perez says into my ear, making me jump out my skin and hold onto my chest. Spilling my drink onto my dress a little, I quickly set my glass down and grab a napkin.

"Oh dear! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," she cries out, helping me get the champagne from off my lap. I give her a small chuckle and nod.

"Don't worry about it. I was just—" I glance back over at the dance floor, seeing the girl completely gone. Scrunching my face up slightly, I turn back to Teresa and get up. "Looking at this girl who was on the dance floor, Mama Perez."

"Please call me, Teresa," She insists, hugging me once more, squeezing me tighter than needed be. Embracing the warm hug, I step back and kiss her cheek. "What girl were you talking about?"