Feuled cont.

A Month Later.

"Yes, mama I know, but I have to go," My voice slicking with more irritation than I intended, eyes glued to my worrisome mother who was holding my hazel-eyed baby girl.

Her wise eyes glossing with tears, "Just be careful, okay? Don't over work yourself and if you get tired..Just rest. There are plenty of doctors who can help."

A deep sigh came from my chest and I nod in understanding. Today will be my first day back at work since the accident and I'm so ecstatic. Hopefully, this will get my mind off Jacob running back to L.A. this morning.

He's just going down there for a couple of days.
He'll be fine.

Yeah, unless that fiancé of his tries anything on him, my inner demon states, folding her arms across her chest. I inwardly roll my eyes at her comment, remembering the conversation from last night where I was begging him to let me go with him to help him. He told me a firm no, because I was going back to work and he didn't want me and his fiancé getting into fights...I wasn't going to fight her, just talk.

Besides it's not his fiancé anymore so zip it.

She gave me a weird look through glassy eyes,"Are you okay?"

I kiss her on the cheek, wiping her eyes with the pad of my thumb, "Yes, I'm fine. I promise to not work myself so hard today." Giving her a smile in which she returns.

Before I turn my back to her, the little person in her arms babbles towards me, holding her arms out to me with a pouted lip.

I take Nila from my mom, holding her on my hip as I smile at her, giving her playful kisses all over her face, "Don't give grandma a hard time, Nila."

Her tiny hands come up and feel on my face, giggling  like she's never felt skin before. I smile more than ever, giving her a final kiss on the forehead then handing her back over to my mom.

"Okay, I gotta go. I love you both," I say, grabbing my bag, along with my badge and other necessities, heading out the room and to my new car. Yes, new 2016 Buick Lacrosse in a snowy white with creamy leather seats inside. It's probably the most amazing car I've had in a long time. Quickly, getting into my car I check my watch.

Only a little late.

Once I arrive to the hospital, I'm immediately greeted by Harper. What is she doing?

Her big smile on her face makes me smile,"Hey, I'm so glad you're back!" She gives me a quick embrace then lets me go before I can even get my arms around her.

My eyebrow arches in suspicion as I watch over her with caution, "Oh please, I don't want people making a big deal out of it. You feeling okay Harper?"

She purses her lips out in a thoughtful way before placing her hands on her hips, staring at me.

I shake my head and walk past her, "You just seem happier than usual. Anyway, I have to go to the lounge. I'm already late." I look down and flip my badge to the front so everyone who walks by can see name.

A small gasp sprays from Harper's lips as she grabs onto my arm, pulling me into a different direction, "No wait, I want to show you something."

What the hell?

"Harper, I need to get to work. After this I really do, what is it?" A hint of venom sinks into my voice causing her to look at me with a twinkle in her eye.