Chapter 19

Alexa's POV

He gripped his teeth on my bottom lip, tugging it a bit. I yanked Justin's jacket off my body, revealing only my tight tank top which was now sticking to my damp body. He then nibbled on my ear as the rain continued to come down on us harshly. If only moments like this could last forever...

After a little while, we ran inside, hand and hand. Since I had no other clothes to change into since all of mine were now soaking wet, I put on a pair of Justin's sweats and one of his long, white tanks. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and went up to his room.

He followed behind me. "BOO!", he screamed. I gasped and he then hugged me from behind. "Don't do that.", I said with a sigh. "I'm only kidding, baby girl.", he mumbled in my ear with a crackly voice. His hand moved further and further down my body. I was breathless. I could tell he wanted me just as much as I wanted him. But for some reason, I felt like crap.

"Hey, I know what we could do.", he said massaging my shoulder. I shrugged my shoulders. I guess he could tell I was acting funny because he placed a hand on my forehead to see if I was warm. I knew I was coming down with something but I didn't want to ruin my fun night with Justin that was yet to come.

Automatically, he stormed into the bathroom to grab a thermometer. He made me open my mouth and he placed the thermometer inside it. It beeped and he checked the temperature. "Crap! You have an 102 fever.", he said. "Uhh no!", I said grabbing it out of his hand. Why did I have to be sick now? REALLY?  Great timing...UGHHH! "Baby... yes you do!" "NO!", I said jumping up and down on the bed trying to convince him I was feeling fine. "I can still do it! C'MON!", I said patting the mattress. "You know I want to. But you are sick. And you need to get better.", he said.

He was such a sweetie. Most guys wouldn't be that understanding. I felt kinda bad because I know he really wanted this to be a special night but he was agreeable and he clearly understood.

He swept me off my feet and carried me to the bed. He set me down, turned on the TV for me and placed fuzzy blankets over my body. "I'm gonna get you some tea, okay, baby?", he said making his way towards the stairs. "You are the best, you know that?", I said with a warm grin. "I know.", he winked before he started shuffling down the steps.  A couple minutes later, he came back up with the tea. He pulled his T-shirt over his head revealing nothing but his muscular chest. He sat down right next to me in bed and grabbed my hand tightly. "Hey?", I said. "Mhm?", he said turning his head away from the glowing TV screen. "I'm sorry." "Why are you sorry?" "I don't know. I know you had high expectations for tonight and I just-" "Don't be sorry.", he interrupted. "We can do that some other time. Besides, I kinda like this.", he said with a smirk as I took a sip of my steaming tea. "I like this, too.", I said smiling. "We are pretty good together, huh?", he said. "Damn good."

Justin's POV

I leaned in to kiss her but she turned away. "Baby, I'm sick.", she refused. "One kiss won't make a difference!", I said with a whine. "Knowing how feisty you get, it probably will!", she said laughing. "I don't care.", I said pouting. She chuckled softly before wrapping her arms around my neck and giving me a sweet, gentle kiss. "You happy?", she groaned. "Yes.", I nodded with a cheeky smile "If you get sick, it's not my fault!" "Eh...it was worth it." She rolled her eyes playfully. I rested my head on her thigh and I softly stroked it as her big brown eyes slowly started to close.

Eventually, she fell asleep. I got up and shut the lights. I layed back down right next to her and took a piece of her long hair and twirled it around with my finger. I whispered "I love you.", in her ear even though I knew she was asleep.

God, she was a blessing.  She looked so angelic and peaceful when she slept. I swear to god she makes birds sing. Her smile can simply just light up the whole room.

Although tonight didn't go exactly as planned, I still loved it. I loved being with her. I loved placing kisses all over her face while she continued to dream on. I loved being able to caress her and hold her in tight and close. It couldn't get much better than this. As I watched her sleep, I tried to picture my life without her in it...but then I realized. My life was nothing before she came in it. It was empty. She was my missing puzzle piece. She completed my life. She completed me. She instilled endless amounts of bliss into me. When I was with her, everything was just...I don't know, better. I pictured the long months and months that would carry on while I was on tour. It hurt my heart knowing that eventually there would be times we wouldn't be together. Not every night would be like tonight. I was just going to have to savor and cherish the time I shared with her. Because before we know it, I'll be back on tour and she'll be in college. I honestly didn't want to think about the future. I just wanted to think about now. Because now is all that really matters to me...

I shut my eyes and tried to clear my mind. I'd never fall asleep with all these worries buzzing in my mind.

At about 4:00am, Alexa let out a very big gasp and she shot right up. I rubbed my groggy eyes to see what was going on. I turned to her and hugged her. "You okay?", I said holding her in close. She nodded as her eyes slowly shut once again. I could tell she was having a nightmare. I kissed her forehead before closing my heavy eyelids.

Finally, the sun peaked threw the curtains. I rolled over to Alexa to see if she was asleep or not. I turned over to see her eyes wide open staring right into mine. "Hey, what are you doing upp?", I said with a scratchy, sleepy voice. "Just layin'...looking at a very handsome boy.", she said before winking. "Who might this boy be? He's a very lucky dude to have you lookin' his way.", I said playing along. "It just so happens he's laying next to meee.", she said poking my shoulder. "Oh really?", I said acting clueless. "Mhm."

I was gonna miss waking up to her flawless face each and every morning. I don't know what the purpose of waking up would even be. I was going to miss  magical moments like this. Once I go back on tour and she goes off to school, everything will be different. Of course we'd meet up as much as possible and we'd video chat, but it just doesn't compare. It's not gonna be the same. It's not gonna be enough.

Why did days like these have to end?