Chapter 15

Justins POV

Rubbing my groggy eyes, I answered the phone, I swallowed hard and took a deep breath before speaking. "Hello?", I said in a scratchy voice. "Hey.", she said, sniffling into the phone. "What's up?", I said, scared she'd say something bad. "Justin, I can't sleep. I'm cold. I'm scared. I need you.", she mumbled. "I'm here, okay? Everything is going to be fine. Breathe in and breathe out with me.", I said. She inhaled and exhaled with me, our breathing as one. "Feel better?", I asked. "Little bit..", she said still sounding like she was crying. "Don't cry, my love.", I said. "Okay." "Hey Alexa-", I said. "Mhm?" "I-", I stuttered. I was going to say "I love you" but it just wouldn't feel the same doing it through the phone. "You what?", she asked. "Never mind."

We ended up falling asleep, still on the phone with each other. We talked all night to the point where we both fell asleep on the line. The funny thing is, our conversation last night was super normal. We didn't even mention anything about our fight. It was almost as if nothing ever even happened. Although Alexa seemed to be totally over it, I wasn't. I felt like I really needed to apologize. I felt awful.

I hopped out of bed and changed into jeans and a tank top. I threw on some sneakers and a gold chain and then made my way out. I was going to Alexa's house.

Once I got there, I got out of the car and rang the doorbell. Alexa's mom answered the door. "Hi Justin! Alexa's up in her room." "Thank you so much!" I slowly opened Alexa's door to see her sitting there on her bed, in her pajamas, on her phone. She looked at me and shot right up. She didn't say a word. All she did was run up to me and hug me tightly. I rubbed my hands on her lower back and pecked the top of her head. "I'm so sorry.", I mumbled while gripping my hands onto her waist. "It's okay." She brushed her lips against mine, I smiled into the kiss, happy that we were back to normal. I placed a kiss on her neck but she pulled me away. "Not now, baby.", she said. We sat down on her bed. Alexa started looking at her phone and all of a sudden tears began to fill her brown eyes. Oh no...more hate. She turned her head, wiping her tears with her thumbs. She handed me the phone, showing me the horrible things that people were saying about her. "Babe, you know none of those things are true.", I said. "Maybe they are right." "No they aren't!", I said leaning in to kiss her. She pushed me away. "No! A kiss doesn't just fix everything, Justin.", she said shaking her head. My eyes grew glassy and the sight of her believing all those horrible things. How could they say these horrible things about her? She was amazing...

"Justin...I think we need to take a break. Nothing is going right..", she said, her whole body shaking. Those 8 words kept playing back in my mind...like a broken CD. The words "I think we need to take a break" shattered my heart. It felt like a meteor just hit the Earth. "You said you'd never leave me...I guess you weren't who I thought you were." , I said, my voice cracking.

"Justin, I love you. I've loved you ever since I first layed my eyes on you. I'm always going to love you but this, this is too much. You are better off without me. Just go.", she said sighing. "NO! I'M NOT LEAVING! I LOVE YOU", I screamed. I just said I loved her. Ugh this was not the way I wanted to tell her.

"GO AWAY, JUSTIN! Your fans are right! I'm no good for you and I never will be! Just go and forget that I exist.", she said, her teeth chattering as she screamed. "NO! I'm sick and tired of you listening to people's lies about our relationship. I love you, Alexa, and no matter how hard you try to push me away, I'll keep coming back. Because standing next to you is where I really need to be." I forcefully pressed my lips on hers, expecting her to push me away. But she didn't...