Chapter 9

Alexas POV

My mom was out at the store and my dad was at work. I had NOBODY to talk to and I was completely lost, tired and broken. I needed comfort and advice. But most importantly, I needed to know that everything would be alright between me and him. I knew exactly who to go to. I invited Gabby and my cousin, Sarah over to see what they had to say about all this bullshit. They came over right away and it was such a comforting feeling to know I always had them to turn to. We talked all about it to the point where we had to change the subject to get my mind off it. We started baking cupcakes and blasting the music to the point where it seemed as if the whole house was shaking. After we jumped around and danced to fun, dance songs, one song came on that changed my entire mood. The song that came on was "As Long As You Love Me.", by Justin.

I ran out of the room. For a good period of time, he was off my mind and I was feeling alright. That song  just changed my whole state of mind. It was hard to listen to the song without thinking about him and what just happened. But one line in the song changed my thoughts. It was "The grass ain't always greener on the other side, its green where you water it." And that made me realize that even though we had just fought for the first time, we can always move on and forget about it. In that moment, I stormed out the door and went into the car, I needed to see Justin and apologize. Gabby and Sarah ran after me, trying to get me to stop. But I pulled away from them and stepped on the gas. I was going to see my boyfriend...now.

Justins POV

I stepped out of the shower and tried to forget about what had just happened. Alexa was the only thing on my mind. I felt horrible for what I did and how awfully I treated her this morning on the phone. I needed to see her and apologize. I dried my hair with a towel and threw on a black V-neck and gray sweats. I grabbed my phone and my keys and put them in my pocket. I stormed to the front door, pulling the keys out of my pocket. I opened the door to  see a familiar face. It was Alexa.

My stomach dropped and my heart was beating rapidly. We didn't say a word. All we did was look into each other's eyes. I made my way towards her and just hugged her. It felt so good to hold my girl in my arms again. We both said "I'm sorry.", at the same exact time. "So...are you gonna invite me in or what?", she said smirking at me, waiting patiently for my response.