Chapter 8

Justin's POV

What did she mean "things were going too fast?" Did I do something wrong? Was there another guy that was better than me? These types of questions flooded my mind as I struggled to fall asleep.

I worried that maybe I was more into this relationship than she was. What if she didn't even consider this a relationship? What if I was "just another guy" to her? Did she feel the same way about me as I felt about her? I punched the wall and grew more and more frustrated as the night carried on. I could barely even sleep with the thought of not knowing how she felt about me. Somehow I managed to fall asleep, but it was a challenge because I had so many things on my mind.

The next morning I woke up to a call from Alexa. I didn't know if I wanted to pick up or not. It's not that I was mad at her, I just felt extremely uncomfortable. Finally, I decided to man up and answer the phone.

"Hello?", she said. "What?", I spat into the phone. "Are you okay?" "Yeah.." "You don't sound okay...", she said. "What's going on?", she asked nervously. "Nothing.." "What's wrong with you?!", she asked. "What...is this conversation going "too fast" for you?", I asked mocking what she said. "Justin...", she said in a crackling voice as if she was going to cry any moment.

I hung up the phone regretting what I just did, There was no going back now. I was worried something like that would happen. All the anger just flew out of my mouth uncontrollably. I felt like such a jackass. What did I just do? Would she ever forgive me? Why did I have to pick up the phone?

Alexas POV

What just happened? Everything was going great between us and then all of a sudden I had to open my big, fat mouth and tell him things were going too fast. Why was I so stupid? I should've not said anything. Now he was pissed at me. I put my head on my pillow as a salty substance began to trickle down my cheeks. What have I done? He hated me. My heart began to fill up with sorrow and guilt.

I couldn't blame him if he never wanted to see me again...I just blew it.