The Decision

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of these characters except Aria, Jude, Lucy, Max, Marie, Ben, Taylor, and Reginald. Everyone else belongs to J.K. Rowling.

The Decision

            I woke up and felt more tired than I did when I fell asleep the previous night. I was allowed to come yesterday but was ordered to take it easy from the doctor. So I spent the rest of the day in bed with George. I sighed. I knew George was mad at me for even considering having an abortion but he didn’t understand. The whole I-think-it’s-too-soon thing was just a lie. I didn’t think it was too soon. I loved George and I’d love to have his kids. I wanted to have his kids more than anything. Then why was I considering having an abortion? The doctor told me that I had the possibility of having another miscarriage and losing another, if not both, of the twins. And if I was able to carry the twins full term, I had the possibility of dying during child birth. My mum had the same problem with me. I found out I was supposed to be a twin but she lost my twin and after she had me, she couldn’t have any more kids. So, I lied to George and told him I thought it was too soon. I thought him being mad that I didn’t want them was better than him worrying about them or myself dying. I didn’t want him to worry. I’d rather he hate me than deal with loss again. I just had to protect him.

            I rolled over and looked at George. He was still asleep and looked so peaceful. He hadn’t said a word to me since we left the hospital but he was still right by my side. I loved that he could put his anger aside to make sure I was ok. Tears filled my eyes and I started crying. He was truly an amazing guy and I hated this. I felt George move and he touched my cheek. “What’s wrong? Are you ok?” He asked tiredly.

            “No.” I cried. “This is the hardest thing I’ve ever done.”

            “Then keep them, Aria.” He touched my arm and rubbed it.

            “It’s not that easy, George.”

            I saw his face get angry. “Not that easy? It’s our kids, Aria! You either want them or you don’t.”

            I sat up. “George, stop.”

            “No, Aria. I don’t see why it’s too soon for us to have them. We love each other and I’d love them. Why don’t you want them?”

            I looked at him angrily. “I want them! I want them more than anything but you don’t understand!”

            “What’s there to understand? If you want them, you wouldn’t get rid of them!”

            I stood up and threw my lamp on the floor. “I don’t want to get rid of them, George!” I couldn’t keep it in anymore. I had to tell him the truth. “They could die or I could die having them!” I felt sick and I ran into the bathroom; throwing up.

            When I was done, I sat down on the floor and started crying. George came in and flushed the toilet before sitting down by me. He pulled me into his arms and I cried into his chest. “Why did you lie?”

            “I thought it was better you hating me for getting an abortion than worrying about me and the twins and dealing with the loss of them or me.” I cried into him.

            He sighed and rubbed my back. “You and the twins will be ok, Aria.”

            I shook my head. “You don’t know that, George.”

            He didn’t say anything to that. He just held me in his arms until I calmed down. We then went downstairs and had breakfast. Mum made me some food that wouldn’t upset my stomach and I ate it; even though I didn’t really feel like eating. George and I then went into the sitting room and I lied down on the couch. George put on a movie then sat down by me and I put my head on his lap. I tried to focus on the movie but I couldn’t. The only thing I could think about was my decision. I never thought being pregnant would cause so much stuff. I just kept thinking about it and I soon fell asleep.

            I was sitting under a willow tree on a picnic blanket and the basket was open. The sun was bright and the tree was giving off shade. I was happy. Extremely happy. George was sitting on the blanket with me and we were both looking happily at a little boy and a little girl. Both had my dark hair and blue eyes and had George’s freckles and lips. They were absolutely perfect. We were all laughing and the twins were playing. I leaned against George and he kissed my head. Time seemed to stop and the twins looked at me seriously. George had moved to sitting by them and he looked just as serious as our kids.

            “Why do you want to kill us, Mummy?” The boy asked and my heart ached.

            “What did we do to make you hate us?” My daughter asked.

            I shook my head and tears filled my eyes. “I don’t hate you. I love you.” I told them.

            “Then keep us.” The boy said. “Please Mumma.” I started crying.

            “Aria, I know you’re worried about them and yourself but you guys will be fine.” George said and took my hand. “I know you will be.”

            “We love you Mummy.” The girl told me.

            My eyes flew open and I sat up quickly. Tears poured down my face and I touched my stomach. They wanted to live. I cried harder and felt George touch my back. “Aria, what happened?”

            I looked at him and said, “They want to live. They came into my dream and asked why I was going to kill them.” I cried harder. “I can’t do it, George. I know they’ll be fine and I don’t care what happens to me. I know you’ll be there to take care of them.”

            He wrapped his arms around me and held me to him. “You will be there too, Aria. You are not going to die. I promise.” He kissed my head.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So she's not getting an abortion! Thank Godric. Please comment and vote! Fourth book delima: So I've been talking to a fan (you know who you are KokenzkenzY) and she's been discussing possible fourth book scenerios. She really wants the third book being the dream all along and have the fourth one where Aria wakes up from a coma. I'm not sure if I really like this. I like Aria and George together now and I'm thinking the fourth one now being Aria and George raising their kids (with some surprises of course). What do you guys think? Please let me know.