Chapter 19: Funeral

Armin's POV

I couldn't believe my sight at the card I saw yesterday...

You are invited to the funeral of Isabel Magnolia and Farlan Church, their lives taken by a disease that has been going around killing many, disease still not identified.

Today was the day of their funeral. Why was I invited? I had only known Isabel for a few days, and I had never met Farlan. I sigh, today was pretty cold, some snow was even expected. I grab my scarf and jacket, bundling up. I open the door to the hospital, the cold air hit me like a slap on the face. I shivered as the air hit me harder each time. I walked to the location of the funeral, it was at the park.

Huh, what a strange place to have a funeral, oh well, who am I judge? I never had a funeral.

I sigh, looking around at the other people invited. I spotted Levi and Mr. Smith sitting down next to each other, Levi speaking to Mr. Smith. I notice a head peaking out from behind the trees. I squint my eyes, walking over to the tree, seeing Eren behind it.

"Eren?" I tilt my head.

"Armin!" Eren's eyes widened.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"What? No hug?" He gives me a smug look.

I couldn't help but smile, I hug him, giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Now, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Well, I kind of followed Mr. Ackerman and Mr. Smith here." He said in an innocent voice.

"You're so nosy." I say jokingly, letting out a soft chuckle.

"What are you doing here?" Eren asked.

"I was invited." I say, pulling up my scarf, extremely cold.

Eren wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me against him, which made me kind of warmer.

"Heh, thanks." I smile.

"No problem." Eren smiles, grabbing my hands.

I blush light pink, Eren chuckles softly, rubbing the top of my head.

"Who's funeral is it?" Eren asked.

"A girl named Isabel Magnolia from the hospital that I met and her friend Farlan Church." I explain.

"What happened?" Eren questioned.

"That weird unnamed disease got them." I tell.

"That has been going around, it's starting to freak me out, Mr. Zachirus has been out for a week from that, he didn't get the really bad one I think." Eren explains.

"I know I'm inviting myself but can we hang out here?" Eren asks.

"At a funeral?" I look at him.

"I mean like, we pay our respects together, y'know?" Eren said.

"Yeah, sure." I smile, grabbing his hand and pulling him to an empty picnic table.

He sat next to me, watching as people did their little speeches of the ones who passed on. Eren was completely silent for the rest of the funeral, probably remembering his mother. I wrap my arms around him, hugging him. He rubs my back. I started to grow tired, but I managed to stay awake.

"Shouldn't you be at school?" I whisper drowsily.

"I got suspended...." Eren tells me.

"What?! What did you do?!" I say.

"I got in a fight with Ymir..." Eren says.

"Who won?" I ask.

"Ymir." Eren snorts.

"Are you okay?!" I say, worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry." Eren reassured me.

I nod slowly, looking down.

"Hey, I'm having a party tomorrow, wanna come?" Eren asks.

"Huh? Sure! Who's gonna be there?" I ask.

"Just people from our school." Eren replied.

"Yeah, no weird perverted strangers please!" I chuckle softly.

"There will be no weird perverted strangers." Eren smiles.

Soon the funeral was over, me and Eren got up and I walked him to his house, as he walking into the door he had told me goodbye and see you tomorrow.