Chapter 17

The next day around 5 o'clock you're just at home chillin. Spin already picked up Deilo and Braelyn is upstairs with a few of her friends and the baby. You get a text from Diggy and it says open the door. You get up and he isn't there yet so you just unlock it and lay back down on the couch. 3 minutes later he comes in and sits next to you on the couch.

D: I see your little boyfriend isn't here...

U: Daniel what do you want? Why are you here?

D: I came to talk. I'm sorry for the way I acted last night. I got jealous seeing you with another guy.

U: That's the thing. I'm not with him. We're just friends.

D: YN you can sit here and tell me that you guys are Just Friends but I know that you guys have at least fucked once or even twice. He's your ex YN!

U: Daniel we are not together. I can do whatever I want. I'm considering filing for a divorce.

D: Are you serious right now?

U: As a heart attack.

D: Look, I found us a great marriage councilor. Just show up Monday. I'll pay for it.

U: What time?

D: 2. Just please don't give up on us. I'm still in love with you.

Later that day...

Around 7 o'clock you're sitting on your bed with both of your kids and your grand baby having a serious talk.

U: So I have a serious question, and I want y'all to give me y'all's honest answer.

B: Okay...

U: Would you guys hate me or be really sad if your dad and I got a divorce?

B: Honestly yes. I don't want anything else in the world but for my family to be back to normal and to be happy.

U: But you guys have to understand all relationships don't work. And Braelyn you should know where I'm coming from.

De: Mommy today uncle Spin told me Daddy always talks about how much he loves you and how much he misses you.

B: You guys should try to work it out.

U: I'll try but it takes two of us.

Monday...

It's Monday! 😒 You just dropped Deilo off at school and Angela is home with Braelyn and the baby. You're on your way to get breakfast and meet up with your good friend Lauren.

You get there and see her. You guys get breakfast, sit down and talk.

L: How's Brae and the baby?

U: They're good.

L: I need to come by and see them.

U: I'm sure they'll love that. What's been going on with you?

L: Nothing exciting. Same ole shit.

After breakfast with Lauren you met up with Chad a the studio. He said he wanted to play this song for you.

U: Hey *Hugs him*

C: Hey. You look nice today.

U: Thanks. So what did you want to play for me?

C: Just a little song I wrote.

He walked over to the controls and pushed play and music started to play.

' Hey baby I know that I messed up and I wanted to tell you I never meant to do you wrong.

I don't know what I was thinkin and I can't blame the cheatin it was my own selfish ways.

Yeah, that made me say to you one thing then go do another I wanna make it up to you.

Sweetie just know that I'm sorry I don't wanna lose my baby. I'm down on my knees.

I'd never thought I'd lose you where would I be without you. I was bein all mean and rude now I'm losing you to another dude.

Baby why you wanna do me like that? And baby I feel like I feel now I feel like I'm losing you.

And All the times that I played you. And all the times that lied. And all the times that you cried for me, I never thought you'd say goodbye.

I love you, you love me. I need you, you need me. I wanna make it better babe I can't believe your leaving. Tell me, where would would I be without my baby. I can feel you slippin away.

I'd never thought I'd lose you where would I be without you. I was bein all mean and rude now I'm losing you to another dude.

Baby why you wanna do me like that? And baby I feel like I feel now I feel like I'm losing you.'

The end of the song is coming and you're just sitting there thinking. Thinking about how your life was before you got with Diggy and how your life would probably be if you would've stayed with Chad. You hear the words "I'm Sorry" and that's the end of the song. The room is silent until he speaks.