one

Park Minhee

"Minhee! Minhee oh my gosh, we're actually gonna watch Bangtan live!!!" said my best friend, who was a fellow ARMY like me.

"I know!!! I'm actually in the verge of crying right now. I'm so glad we were able to get front row," I said as we went inside the arena, excitedly waiting for BTS to come on stage. God, I love them so much.

The concert began and I screamed as 7 boys were coming up on stage, performing with perfection. One of them kept looking at me, and I completely fell in love.

"Saranghae!! Saranghae J—"

I woke up with throbbing pain on my head, and my heart beating fast. I felt like hyperventilating. What kind of dream was that? What's a bangtan? Huh?

"Oh my, Minhee, are you alright?" I was greeted by a young lady sitting by my bed. It's been 3 months since waking up, realizing I had amnesia. I didn't remember anything, though I tried. "Sanyeon? You're my best friend, right? Even before the accident happened?" I asked, trying to remember who she was in my past. "Of course, Minhee. Didn't I tell you when I visited you in the hospital?" Sanyeon answered.

"What did we always do before?" I asked once again, "we did a lot of things. We'd fangirl together, listen to music, eat a lot, play with our pets, and most importantly, attend concerts," she said with an evident smile on her face. Attend concerts, hmm.. "Have we ever attended a concert of, some boy group named Bangtan?" I said, furrowing my eyebrows as I tried to recall the dream I just had, "d-do you remember that?" she said with wide eyes, "no, I just dreamt something. I was with a girl who I seemed to be close with, and we were attending a concert. The name mentioned was Bangtan."

Her eyes went teary, then she smiled widely. "Maybe it wasn't just a dream, Minhee. Perhaps it was a long lost memory. Because a couple of years ago, we did attend a concert of a group named Bangtan Boys, commonly known as BTS." I really wish I had memory right now. I feel like an iPhone who lost all of its data because it got disabled for a while. "In the dream, one of the boys were looking at me, then I screamed out 'saranghae!!!'," I explained, pulling myself out of the duvets and standing up, light pain still at the back of my brain. "What was the boy's name?" she asked, holding her chin with 3 fingers as if in deep thought. "I don't know....I don't remember."

All the faces in my dream were blurred. I didn't know how they looked like, but what's sure is, Sanyeon was the girl with me. That concert must've been one of the happiest moments in my life, because as I studied what my mom told me was my room, it sure was one of a musically-inclined fangirl. The guitars at the corner of the room, the electric keyboard by its side, and the posters of what seemed to be bands and groups of boys I used to idolize. Some of them were 5 Seconds of Summer, BTS and EXO. Now, none of them looked familiar at all, but they sure were attractive. I looked at my drawers, full of albums and other interesting things, they were probably my life possessions that time. And my closet was mostly flannels and band merchandise. Wow, the past me really was living the life of a dedicated fangirl.

Sanyeon had ordered pizza for both of us to eat, and she gave me a note she found on the fridge.

Hello dearest Minhee. We had to rush off to manage the business early today, so we left you here with Sanyeon. Hope you have a great day, and don't forget to drink your medicines. We love you!
Love, Eomma & Appa :)

Not long later, a phone started to ring while we were finishing the box of pizza. Turns out it was my best friend's phone, so she excused herself and walked out the balcony.

Lee Sanyeon

"Jungkook? Oh finally you called. But, aren't you in tour?" I asked the maknae who suddenly called, "yeah I am, but now that I have free time, I could finally call. What happened to Minhee? Is she awake already?" He found it a habit to call everyday to check on Minhee, his girlfriend before he went on tour. But for the past few months, the call stopped since he was mad busy. This was the first time he called in around 4 months. "Jungkook, she's awake," I smiled as I told him the news, "she is?! Does she remember anything?" He asked, sounding hopeful. Poor boy, sure did he miss his girlfriend. "I'm sorry, kookie. She didn't even remember me when I visited her, but it seems to me she's starting to recover. She had a dream of when you first saw her in that huge crowd," I exclaimed calmly, "I'm coming back in 6 months.... I just hope she remembers me by then," he sighed. "I love her too much to let her go that easily. She will remember me," he added, I smiled at how loyal he was to my best friend. Well, if he wasn't I'd probably tell Taehyung oppa to send an overseas punch in the face from me to Jungkook. "She will, kookie. She will."

"I have to go, I'll call again soon. If Minhee remembers....tell her I love her," he said and hung up. I really don't understand why he didn't ask me to give the phone to Minhee.. Maybe when she remembers, I don't want to rush her too much.

I went back seeing Minhee leave me with 2 other slices of pizza and walking around the house, examining everything. "Hey, what's with the sentimental mood?" I asked as she looked at the family picture displayed. "I don't know, I'm just trying to remember things... I'm full of curiosity, as always," she said as she walked towards the grand piano in her living room, while I ate more pizza.

I sure did miss my unnie a lot.

I heard the piano playing a familiar tune, seeing my best friend closing her eyes as her fingers pressed the black and white keys. I was surprised with the song she was playing. And she was playing it by memory.

She's starting to remember, thank God. I smiled to myself, remembering all the memories we had together during all the years we've become best friends.

Welcome back, Minhee.

— —

A/N: YAAAYYY omg I'm in such a mood to write rn be happy y'all

this chapter is dedicated to hoodplaylist who went beastmode while demanding for an update. here you go, dongsaeng.