seventeen

A/N:

did y'all see the comeback lord i died i am not okay im sick and i didn't go to school yet i woke up 3am for some reason then I saw the MV i am nOT OKAY

— —

Jeon Jungkook

What the fuck?

I saw complete darkness as my senses were slowly coming to life. Coldness creeping up my spine as I lightly shivered. Faint sounds of beeping and busy people can be heard outside the room. However, asides from that, it was indeed silent.

Slowly, I felt my eyelids open as I was greeted by a white ceiling. I looked sideward, seeing a monitor and my rising heartbeat can be observed as well. Oh. I'm in the hospital?

It felt like forever since I've been awake. Has it?

To be honest, all I remember was that dream I had about this, undeniably beautiful, girl and I. I didn't know her however, it was just a dream after all. Meaningless, perhaps.

Suddenly, a small click ringed in my ears as the sound from outside went louder. The door opened, revealing Jimin hyung wearing a black hat and a mask like usual.

"Hyung?"

Jimin froze. He dropped his bags and ran to my hospital bed, seeing me obviously with a confused expression on why he's freaking out like this.

"Jungkook! You're awake!"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Uh, yeah, I guess I am."

"You remember me?"

"Dude, of course I do."

Hm. The girl in my dreams looked like him in a way, what was her name again? ...Minhye? Rinhee?

Almost immediately, Jimin pulled out his phone. He waited a while, and after a moment, his eyes lit up.

"Hyungs! The maknae's awake!"

Due to how quiet it was, I could hear the conversation from the other line.

"Jinjja?! Jimin you better not be kidding!"

"I'm not! Just get over here already!"

He hung up and looked at me with a genuine smile.

"So, how are you? Are you okay? Are you hungry? Thirsty? Wait— shit right I have to call the doctor."

I just looked at him as I couldn't answer his questions all in one go. I watched as he mouthed wait here and rushed outside.

"Looks like I've been gone for long huh?" I mumbled to myself, looking at the sharp piece of metal attached to my flesh, connecting to a bag full of liquid that's supposed to be keeping me nourished.

Jimin came back with a man with a white coat, which I recognized as Dr. Byun. Behind him were 6 other boys, my hyungs, Jin carrying an infant and Namjoon holding the hand of a shy little girl.

I lightly smiled, they have children now?

To my surprise, that little girl looked like the one in my dream. Huh, that's weird. In a matter of fact, she was my daughter. But I don't remember her...

"Jungkook? Do you recognize us?"

I turned my gaze back to Baekhyun, "yeah."

"All of us?"

"Um, not really. I didn't know Jin hyung and Namjoon hyung had children," I smiled at them but they shot me a look of worry.

The shy little girl approached my bed, standing next to the doctor, looking at me with big brown eyes.

"Appa, you're awake!"

...appa?

"She's your daughter, Jungkook," the man in the white coat piped while patting my so-called daughter's head.

"What?"

"S-So is she," Jin hyung said, handing me the sleeping infant.

My mind filled with tumult.

"I don't recall having children, let alone being married."

I heard Jimin curse silently, "shit."

My gaze turned to the sleeping child in my arms, she wasn't in my dream. However, I remember the girl being pregnant.

Wait, that dream must be meaningless right? It's just a dream. But why can't I forget it—

"She's Sa Rang, and she's Cheon Sa," Jimin piped with an expression I couldn't seem to read, nor figure.

"Appa, d-do you remember Eomma?" said Cheonsa with tears eyes.

"N-No... I don't."

I suddenly felt bad. I feel like I failed as a father, knowing I couldn't even remember my children.

What form of stupidity have I done to end up here in the first damn place?

Min Yoongi

Indeed, it joyed me hearing the maknae finally being awake. I thought he'd pass away and leave his family already. It's a relief that he's back.

However... Minhee's loss bothered me the most.

I know it's selfish of me to be concerned of his wife more than my dongsaeng himself.

But I still loved her and I don't even know why.

Somehow, no other woman could compare to her. I've seen the way she takes care of her children, how she loves Jungkook.

Until today, she's oblivious to my feelings.

And within the deep pit of my buried and hidden regrets, I didn't tell her that. I didn't tell her I loved her. I didn't show it. It hurts to realize that I don't know where she is and where to find her, I don't know what's happening to her.

When Sa Rang had arrived, I was in the loss of words. I knew it was Jungkook's child however it was a sign that she was alive. I needed her; I missed her.

So asides from Jimin, I took care of her the most. The hyungs were surprised knowing I never really liked children, Sa Rang was just different. She looked like her mother, her big brown eyes and her smooth, fair skin. She was precious. I felt like her father, I grew attached to the infant.

Seeing her in the hands of her true father, broke my heart a little. Just like when I saw Minhee in Jungkook's arms.

He really is a lucky guy... it's a shame he couldn't remember his family.

I frowned at that thought.

The maknae meant too much to me, so I didn't become that typical asshole and take advantage of this situation. Of course I didn't. The child deserved to know her father, and Minhee deserved to be with the man she loved.

How I wish I went first. Seems like I'm even more of a coward than the younger.

I was devastated when the two were at the verge of dying. But I didn't show it, I had to stay strong even if I myself was dying inside.

The memory of Minhee's smile was all that could keep me going.

My thoughts were cut off with the sound of the doctor's voice.

"So, what do you remember, Jungkook?"

The room fell silent, anticipating for his answer.

It took a while for him to come up with one.

"I... I don't know."