nine

Jeon Jungkook

My heart started beating faster as I felt her lips on mine once again, a feeling I've missed every single day since she got confined in the hospital. A tear escaped my eye before she pulled away, a worried expression flashed on her face once she saw my vulnerable state.

"Why are you crying?" She asked, placing her thumb on my face to wipe away the salty substance rolling down my cheeks.

"I missed you," I said with a sad smile, hoping she'd remember our long lost memories anytime soon, hoping she'd forgive me for what I have done.

I felt her arms wrap around my torso as she nuzzled her face on my chest, listening to my heart that was now beating at a rapid pace once again. I stood frozen for a while, due to the sudden action but eventually hugged her back and even tighter. While in the position, I finally decided which place to see next.

Just then, she pulled away from the hug and looked up to meet my eyes. Just as always, she never fails to make me captivated in her chocolate brown gaze. She gave a genuine smile, the smile I loved the most. Oh how much I've fallen in love with this girl.

"Come with me, I'll take you somewhere," just then I took her hand and dragged her out of the house, making sure to lock it before heading on to our next destination.

I fished out my car keys and unlocked the black Audi as I opened the passenger seat for Minhee, stepping in the driver's seat afterwards.

"Where are we off to?" She asked as I came closer to place her seatbelt, a flushed expression plastered on her face as I smirked.

"You'll see, love." I took a quick glance at her to see her face heated up and red as she looked away, smiling like an idiot.

My heartbeat quickened its pace seeing the girl I love all flattered because of my simple gesture. The things you do to me, Park Minhee.

During the drive, the sun gradually started setting. Hues of pink and orange filled the sky as it started to get darker. A smile crept up on my face, looking at the beautiful view with the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

"It's so beautiful," she sighed, looking towards the window before the sun completely vanished.

"Just like you," my thoughts slipped out of my mouth as my cheeks turned red. She smiled brightly and blushed at my words. Cute.

The car came to a stop as we saw a huge tower in front of us.

"I hope you're ready to climb all the way to the top," I said, taking her hand and leading her to the staircase.

"If it's for you, of course I am," I froze a bit and just stood there in shock.

"What's wrong?"

"You used to say that whenever we go here..." I guess some things never change. She's still the Minhee I always knew. The Minhee I was in love with is the same Minhee I'm in love with today, and the same I'll be in love with tomorrow and the years to come.

God fucking damn, I'm too cheesy even in my thoughts.

"Oh, why'd you bring me here anyways? What is this place?" She said with a flustered look, when I realized I was hand in hand with her the whole time.

"This is N Seoul Tower, our getaway and our favorite place," I smiled, looking back at the memories both of us shared here.

We continued walking up the long journey in silence. It wasn't the awkward type, it was just calming, as if we were simply lost in our thoughts while holding hands.