Chapter 1

1986
I gawked at the scene around me . Compton was everything that I imagined and more . Drug dealers, colorful bandanas, people walking around in broad daylight with guns on them . Coming from the small town of Jefferson,TX this was all new to me .

Anyway before I go any further , my name is Ajani Rayne Porter . I'm 17 years old and I'm a senior. I'm an only child and it has only been just my mom and I since I could remember. My dad was never around. My mom and I just moved here to Compton because she met this dude, Arlend , and he promised that if she moved out here , he would take care of her so here we are now walking up to a large, two story house somewhere in the ghetto.

"What exactly does he do for a living ?" I asked my mom, looking around at this big ass house . This dude had to be stacking because he also had two nice BMW's parked in his driveway .

"I told you, Arlend owns his own business out here," my mama said slightly annoyed.

I just pursed my lips not truly believing her . I bet he sold dope just like almost everybody else around here and she just didn't want to tell me. I let it go though and followed behind her as she unlocked the door.

The inside of the house was just as nice and luxurious as the outside which only confirmed my suspicions about him being a drug dealer.

"Well look a here !" Arlend exclaimed walking down the spiraling stair case. "I see y'all finally made it."

"No shit Sherlock" I thought to myself as I plastered a false smile on my face when my mama gave me a sideways glare , daring me to say something rude .

I didn't make it a secret to my mama that I didn't like Arlend . It was just something about this nigga that I didn't like. Maybe it was the way that I always caught him staring at me when he thought that I wasn't looking.

"Hey baby !" My mama said getting too excited and going over to give him a sloppy kiss .

I rolled my eyes truly disgusted.

"Hey Alijah ," Arlend said giving me one of his creepy smiles.

"Hi," I replied dryly, earning a glare from my mama which I ignored by looking anywhere else but at her .

"Anyway , y'all wanna tour the house ?" Arlend asked.

After showing us around, Arlend pointed me to my room which was upstairs while his and my mom's room was downstairs . I was good with that because I didn't have to risk bumping into him too often.

When I finished unpacking , I went and took a shower and hopped in the bed . I was exhausted and couldn't wait to start my first day at Compton High tomorrow.

~~~~~

The next morning I woke up and did my daily routine which consisted of me doing my hygiene, picking out an outfit, and putting on some light make up. I really didn't like all that heavy stuff.

When I made it downstairs , the only person present was Arlend, who was sitting at the kitchen counter reading the news paper.

I sucked my teeth . Why this nigga gotta be up so early.

"Hey sunshine , how did you sleep last night ?"

I grimaced at the nickname that he'd just called me before I replied. "I slept pretty good, I guess."

"That's what's up. Well grab you a pop tart or something out the cabinet, imma take you to school this morning."

I looked at him , highly annoyed.

"Why can't my mama take me?" I snapped with an attitude .

"Because for one , your mama doesn't know where the school is and she's still asleep." He replied with a smirk .

I didn't have a comeback so I just grabbed a pop tart and walked outside and stood beside one of his BMW's... the shiny black one with the dark tent & black rims . He finally came out after about five minutes with a smirk on his face.

I swear I wanted to murk his ass . I couldn't stand him.

After he unlocked the door, I climbed inside , put my seatbelt on , and folded my arms across my chest while looking out the window. He better not say shit to me .

I heard him chuckle beside me but I didn't say anything . I started humming to myself .

He slowly back out the driveway when the song on the radio suddenly caught my attention.

Cruisin down the street in my 64 , jocking the freaks, clockin the dough . went to the park to get the scoop , knuckle heads out there cold shootin' some hoops , a car pulls up who can it be , a fresh el Camino rolling, kilo g . he rolled down his window & he started to say , it's all about making that GTA , cause the boyz n the hood are always hard , you come talkin that trash , we'll pull ya card , knowing nothing in life but to be legit , don't quote me boy cause I ain't said shit.

"Who is that ?" I asked impressed and totally forgetting that I was supposed to be ignoring Arlend ... oh well.

He quickly glanced over at me before his facial expression turned hard .

"Some young hood famous rapper named Eric Wright . He formed some kind of gangsta rap group called N.W.A. He's also a Kelly park crip so if you see him , stay away from him." Arlend warned .

Something told me that he had beef with Eazy that went far beyond him just being a gang member .

"What does N.W.A stand for?" I asked , trying not to let my annoyance with him trying to tell me what to do show.

"Niggaz Wit Attitudes"

I didn't reply verbally , I just nodded my head acknowledging what he had said. After that , it was silent and I continued to bob my head to the rest of the song .

I liked this Eazy E dude's voice , he sounded cute . I just hope that I got a chance to bump into him before he really blows up which I'm sure he is . Boyz n The Hood was a good ass song.