chapter 15

( Detroit 1989)

AJANI'S POV

After accepting Eric's offer , Nicole and I quit our jobs and joined N.W.A on the road . Of course Nicole was excited as hell . She kept throwing herself at Dre which i think kind of annoyed him . He even had to hold Michell'le back from kicking her ass which wasn't going to happen because by then i would've jumped in to help defend my best friend . At the moment I don't think she liked me or Nicole very much which i really didn't give a fuck about . I think it was mostly because of the fact that the boys of N.W.A now gravitated more towards me because they knew me first , and Nicole because she's always around me . To be honest i couldn't stand Michel'le either . Her voice annoyed me but i had to admit that she could sing her ass off . Eric and I also haven't made it official . We both agreed that we would wait until after the tour was over before we decided on anything else permanent .

The boys were now onstage rehearsing for their show tonight . I could already tell that it was going to be some shit tonight because the police had already pulled the boys aside and told them that they weren't allowed to perform "Fuck The Police" . Jerry was currently being in denial about the fact that they weren't going to perform the song though . He actually seemed to believe Eric when he "promised" that they weren't going to perform "Fuck The Police" Tonight . I knew and Jerry also knew that knowing Eric them , they were going to perform the song anyway , it's just how they were .

A few weeks ago , they had gotten a letter from the FBI , warning them about that song . Apparently they thought that it promoted violence against the police . The boys were of course mad as hell . They felt like the FBI was trying to take their right to the fist amendment away from them . I felt that way too which is why i high key hoped that they performed the song tonight anyway just to prove a point  .

I watched intently as Eric swaggered across the stage rapping along to his verse from "Straight Outta Compton" . He was so cute , yet short af at the same time . Of course Nicole's eyes were glued to Dre . I saw Michell'le side eyeing her and I glared right back . She rolled her eyes and mumbled something under her breath before walking away .

"What was that , Elmo ?" I asked being funny .

She didn't reply but just continued walking .

"Yeah you better walk away , bitch !" I said louder this time , not caring who heard me .

I really couldn't stand that lady .

"Your man wasn't calling me Elmo when i was giving him this cat ," She said turning around and smirking before continuing in the direction that she was heading .

A few people who were standing near us heard the exchange and some covered their mouths trying to muffle their laughter .

I quickly went in the direction were Michel'le was headed . I was finna beat this bitch's ass .

"What did you say ?" I asked appalled . It was taking everything in me not to knock the smirk off of this heffer's face .

"I didn't stutter . Your man use to be all in my pussy before I fell in love with Dre . Cube hit too ," She boasted proudly , "I gotta admit Eric was the best one out of all of them though . He's just a little too short for my liking , I prefer taller men ," She said picking at her finger nails .

I punched the bitch in her mouth without thinking . Her hands quickly cupped her now bleeding mouth .

"What the fuck ?" She wailed .

"That's what you get for spreading lies . I know Eric wouldn't fuck your ugly ass . He actually has taste ," I said trying to convince myself the same thing .

"Whatever bitch . How does my pussy taste when you kiss him ?" She asked as blood dripped from her mouth .

Something in me snapped . I pounced on Michell'le and started beating her ass . I didn't care who was watching or how ratchet we must've looked .

The commotion must've been really loud because a few seconds later , the boys were now backstage trying to break up the fight .

"Man , Eric get your girl !" Dre said trying to ply my hands out of Michel'le's weave .

Eric just laughed before grabbing me by my waist and trying to pull me off of Michel'le . I was really going in on her face right now . It served her right though . She runs her mouth too much . She's always talking shit .

I saw Cube , Ren , and Yella from the corner of my eye standing on the side just looking and laughing .
They weren't even trying to help Dre and Eric .

After a few more second , Dre and Eric were finally able to pull us apart .

"What the fuck happened?" Dre asked looking amused .

"Ask your bitch ," I snapped , pointing an accusing finger in Michell'le's face .

"I didn't do shit ," Michel'le yelled . I had really fucked her face up . That shit was going to be swollen later on tonight .

"Why you lying . Tell him what you just told me ," I said placing my hands on my hips .

Eric's arms were still wrapped around my waist just in case I decided to pounce on Michell'le again .

"They already know . You were just the only one that didn't know . I fucked your man and I fucked him good ," Michel'le squealed .

"Eric , let me go ! " I yelled trying to break out of his grip and get to Michell'le who was now hiding behind Dre .

"Baby , calm down . It's not even that serious . That happened awhile ago . See , Dre not even mad about it ," Eric said trying to calm me down . I looked over at Dre only to find him with a big goofy ass grin on his face . I got pissed off even more .

This time I turned my anger towards Eric .

"So , you're really trying to tell me to calm down when this hoe just got through bragging about the fact that she done had a piece of my man ?" I screamed .

"Um , baby technically we're not together right now and at the time that i fucked her , we weren't together then either ," Eric said hitting me with the facts .

I shoved him away from me and stormed out of the building .

I knew I shouldn't have ever taken him up on his offer . I knew it was only a matter of time before something bad happened again .