Chapter 4

When we arrived at the studio , I was the last one to get out of the car . Cube and Ren had already walked through the entrance and I was following close behind Eazy who let the door close in my face .

I stood there for about five seconds to cool off before I finally caught up with them .

Eazy looked over his shoulder and gave me a slight smirk . I rolled my eyes in response . "Dick,"  I mumbled .

"If you want it , all you gotta do is ask,"  Eazy said as he paused and looked me up and down . "On a second thought though , you're not really my type," he said chuckling .

Even though I tried to hide it, what Eazy said really bothered me deep down inside . Did he really think that I was ugly ?

I didn't know what to say back to that so I just rolled my eyes as we finally made it into the studio .

"E , what up man !" A big , tall intimidating looking boy said dapping Eazy up .

"Nothing man , what's up with you ?" Eazy replied in his sexy high pitched , raspy voice .

"Me & Yella are just over here making some fire ass beats. You wanna hear one ?"

I looked over at the boy that he referred to as Yella . Sure enough I see were he got his nickname from . He was really light skinned with hazel looking eyes . I would've almost called him cute if it wasn't for the goofy expression that was plastered on his face as he caught me staring at him .

"Yeah bro , let me hear it," Eazy replied grinning widely .

I found myself smiling at him because of his cute , child like grin on his face .

The big guy turned around and pressed a button and an unfamiliar beat filled the air .

We were all bobbing our heads to the beat when Cube started freestyling ...

Straight outta Compton, crazy motherfucker named Ice Cube
From the gang called Niggaz With Attitudes
When I'm called off, I got a sawed off
Squeeze the trigger, and bodies are hauled off
You too, boy, if ya fuck with me
The police are gonna hafta come and get me
Off yo' ass, that's how I'm goin' out
For the punk motherfuckers that's showin' out
Niggaz start to mumble, they wanna rumble
Mix 'em and cook 'em in a pot like gumbo
Goin' off on a motherfucker like that
With a gat that's pointed at yo' ass
So give it up smooth
Ain't no tellin' when I'm down for a jack move
Here's a murder rap to keep yo' dancin
with a crime record like Charles Manson
AK-47 is the tool
Don't make me act the motherfuckin' fool
Me you can go toe to toe, no maybe
I'm knockin niggaz out tha box, daily
Yo weekly, monthly and yearly
Until them dumb motherfuckers see clearly
That I'm down with the capital C-P-T
Boy you can't fuck with me
So when I'm in your neighborhood, you better duck
Cuz Ice Cube is crazy as fuck
As I leave, believe I'm stompin
But when I come back, boy, I'm comin' straight outta Compton .

When he finished , everyone was quiet and we all looked at Cube in shock .

"Yo man , that shit was tight ," the big guy said .

"Thanks Dre," Cube said ducking his head , clearly embarrassed from all of the attention that he was receiving.

So finally I learned his name so I can quit referring to him as the big guy .

"Bro , get in the booth and repeat that shit , we finna record that ," Dre said , turning back around towards the loads of buttons in front of him .