Chapter 10

AJANI'S POV

I was giving Lil E a bath when Eric came out of no where and hugged me from behind making Lil E squeal in delight at the sight of his daddy and splash me with water in the process .

"Hey , little man . You have fun with Ajani today ?" Eric asked in a cute baby voice taking Lil E out of the tub and wrapping a towel around him .

I smiled as Lil E tried to talk back to Eric with his cute little jibberish .

Eric went to the studio today so i baby sat all day . I didn't mind though . Lil E was a sweet baby . I didn't know who was going to keep him tomorrow while i was at school . I'm so ready for this year to be over with . School is really starting to get on my nerves . It interferes with my time with Eric .

"So , what all did y'all do today ?" Eric asked not looking up at me but keeping his eyes on Lil E .

"Well we didn't do a lot . We just played in the backyard , watched tv , ate , and took a nap . He was a big boy ," I replied .

"I'm glad to hear that y'all are getting along ," Eric said scooping Lil E back up and walking out of the bathroom .

I stared after them .

At first i really didn't know how to feel about Eric already having three kids . I mean i'm practically a kid myself but I am the one that chose to get involved with a grown man . I guess i have to take on grown woman responsibilities and accept the role of playing step mama which i actually don't mind . I love kids . Plus Lil E is so cute . He favors Eric a lot .

Walking into the bedroom , I spotted Eric putting Lil E's pajamas on and making cute little faces at him which he was enjoying . I found it cute to see Eric so vulnerable and loving towards his son . At least I knew that he was a good father . He'd explained the situation to me about  he and Lil E's mama and how she was unfit so he decided to take his son away and planned to get their daughter too . I couldn't imagine how she could neglect her own kid that she carried for 9 months . But then again I look back at my mama and see that she's no different . I vow to never do my kids like that .

"Has he eaten yet ?" Eric asked .

"Uh yeah , I fixed some baked chicken , mashed potatoes , and green beans . I actually fed him before he took his shower ." I replied taking a seat on the bed .

"Okay , well i guess it's time for me to put him down to sleep ."

Eric walked across the hall to the room that he'd made into a nursery , returning back to our room about 20 minutes later after Lil E had fallen asleep .

"Thank you ," He said suddenly as he began taking his clothes off .

"For what ?" I asked , trying not to make it obvious that i was checking him out .

"For taking care of my son and accepting not just him but my two unborn daughters as well . You didn't have to do that but you did anyway and I appreciate it ," Eric said glancing over at me .

"No problem . I've always loved kids anyway ," I said truthfully .

Eric looked over at me and smiled .

"I'm finna go downstairs and get something to eat . I hope this meal of yours is hittin'," Eric said jokingly .

"Shut up ! And if it's not you can just starve ," I said playfully hitting his shoulder as i walked ahead of him downstairs to the kitchen to warm up his food and fix his plate .