Chapter 26

I woke up to this annoying beeping sound and a brightly lit room . Taking a look around, I realized that I was in a hospital . The events from earlier instantly came crashing back to me causing my hand to instantly fly to my stomach . My baby ! I sat up staring around me frantically and spotted Eric sitting in the corner staring at me with a blank facial expression. He looked like he was in deep thought.

"Is the baby okay ?" I whispered fearing the answer that I was about to hear . I could already tell from his facial expression that he was about to say something bad.

"Ajani, you had a miscarriage ."

There was a moment of silence before a sob escaped my mouth. Even though I'd just found out that I was pregnant , I'd grown attached to my baby. As I was crying, I heard some shuffling and a few seconds later, I felt Eric's arms snake around me and pull me into his chest.

"Shhhh , it's okay ," he whispered , kissing my cheek.

"It's not okay !" I yelled becoming angry . "I just lost our baby and you're saying that it's okay."

I shoved him away from me.

"It's your fault that i lost MY baby !" I said angrily jabbing my finger into his chest .

I started hurling more insults at him and he just stood there with a sad expression on his face , but he never mumbled a word .

When i was finished yelling at him , I broke down crying again and like before, Eric pulled me into his chest and just held me . This time i didn't try to push him away , I just sat there . When i glanced up , i could've sworn that I saw a tear fall down his face before he quickly wiped it .

2 days later

It's been two days since I lost my baby . I'm not going to say that I'm depressed , but i just don't want to be bothered with anybody . I've been locked inside of my room at Eric's house since i was released from the hospital . He's been driving me crazy as well . Every hour on the clock , he'll unlock the bedroom door and come inside and ask me if i was okay . Every time , i would either yell at him or just plain ignore him . I kind of felt bad because i knew that he was only trying to help , but it still didn't stop me from being annoyed .

At the moment i don't even know where my relationship with Eric stood . Of course I still love him , but i just don't know if being with him right now is what's best for me . He hasn't brought up the whole Tupac situation again so maybe i was sort of forgiven for that .

ERIC'S POV

Smoking a blunt, i sat in the recording studio by myself just thinking . I was wondering how my life had gotten so fucked up . Apparently Dre's bitch ass was trying to leave my record label and start his own label with that rat , Suge Knight . I knew there was a reason why his fat ass kept hanging around . On top of that , he was trying to take The D.O.C as well as Michel'le .

I sighed and ran my hand down my face . I was seriously stressed out . Ajani wasn't making it no better . All she's been doing is moping around in her room . I get that she's sad about the baby and i was too , but life goes on . We could make 5 more other babies if she wants to .

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the shuffling of feet behind me . My hand instantly went towards the pistol on my hip .

Turning around , I was surprised to see Ajani walking into the studio . She had on a fitted , black t-shirt dress and some white converse . Her hair was half up half down and she looked kind of tired . Besides the tired look on her face , she still looked beautiful . I was happy to see her . I didn't let my emotions show though . I just kept a blank expression on my face and puffed on my blunt as she took a seat next to me .