Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I sway from side to side, in rhythm with the flying Helicopter.

Flying in a Helicopter, always sounds so cool. And I guess in some way it is. But for spoilt me, it's only a bad way to spend time. Why I say that for me it's a bad way to spend time? Because it makes feel sick. Really sick.

The Helicopter swings far to the right, and my hands that lie in tightly clenched fists at my side, squeeze even tighter together.

I can't see, because of the black scarf rapped around my forehead, covering my eyes completely.

This is another of my Dad's "ideas". I should have known not to say yes. Only a fool or idiot would.

Because most of my Dad's "ideas" involve a lot of money and time, and normally I get dragged into them and hate them.

This time, his "idea" is to send me to summer camp for two whole months.

That sounds alright though, doesn't it? Well, it's not if your Dad refuses to tell where your being taken to, and you have your eyes completely covered. And you have to sit in a Helicopter for three hours, feeling thoroughly sick.

I hear Dad move beside me, probably turning to look at me.

"Vanesa.."

"Yeah?"

I ask in a slightly annoyed tone of voice.

"Dear, we're about to land."

That at once perks my mood and I sit a little straighter.

"And when we do, your going to climb out with your luggage, and wait with your eyes covered, until you here that the Helicopter has left and gone. Ok?"

My shoulders slump once more, and I ask,

"Why Dad? Why do I have to get out on my own and not see you leave? And how do I get to the Camp?"

Dad sighs.

"All part of it. All part of it. You'll find the Camp easily, and now promise me that you'll do as you're told."

I bight my lip, considering my options; I either promise and stick to my word perfectly as always, or I don't and I still end up down there on the ground blindfolded.

The only difference between the two options, is that with option one; I don't get to see the Helicopter leave, but I know that dad is happy with me. Or option two; I get to see Dad leave, but I know that he's mad at me for not listening.

I sigh,

"Fine, I promise."

I hear the smile in Dad's voice when he speaks, and that makes me happy,

"Good. Now don't worry about anything, and have fun."

At the end of his sentence, I feel the Helicopter begin to land. Excitement at that thought of solid ground under my feet once more, flutters in my chest.

The Helicopter lands, and Dad opens the door, leading me blindfolded out of the machine.

I hear a few thuds as my luggage lands next to my feet, then Dad pulls me in for a hug.

"Have fun, and be careful. And just so you know, I'm not going to answer too any of your calls or messages, so don't bother to try call me or even write."

I sigh and nod against his shoulder,

"Alright. See you soon Dad, I'll do my best to have fun."

Dad pulls away, gives me a peck on the forehead, and I hear him then clamber into the Helicopter.

I take a few steps back, just in case. Wind swishes at my clothes and the thrumming of the propellers ring in my ears. I wave up into the sky as well as I can with out being able to see, and listen to the Helicopter fly away.

Now I'm alone, in who-knows-where.

-----------------

Read past the first chapter! Please!!! -Blue