Chapter 23

AN:

So I've come to check-up on here for the first time in.... Ages. And.... I'VE HAD 3000 READS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

This chapter shall be long, PROMISE!!!

Hope you enjoy, especially @TheGirlWhoLovesDragons (I hope I got your name right)

Vanessa's Pov.

For a moment I forget where I am. Who I am. Who it is that's kissing me.

I forget that the boy kissing me is boy who hit me and who I too have been hitting.

In this moment, I'm being kissed by the boy who cried over a phone call. So I kiss him back.

His hands tangle in my hair and suddenly his kiss isn't rough and angry, but... I don't know how to describe it... soft, kind. Caring.

I press closer to him and groan as he kisses my neck carefully, murmering undisdinguishable words.

And then reality smacks me in the face. Ace. I'm kissing Ace. ACE HUNTER!

My knee slams up into his groin and Ace's pain-filled hiss almost makes me flinch. But only almost.

I push him off roughly and roll onto my feet, sneering at him for an unknown reason.

He looks up at me and smirks.

What...

"You like me."

It's not a question- it's a snarky declaration, with a mocking laugh twisted in.

I humph.

"Funny. Your the last person I would ever "Like"."

"Yeah? Well you sure as fuck kissed me back. And you where moaning."

His smirk could reach China.

Just as I'm grasping for a nasty reply, a voice echoes from the forest.

"Vanessa?! Are you here??"

Nena appears onto the clearing. She stops abbruptley in her next sentence and stares at us.

"What... what's happening here?"

She sounds scared of the answer.

"Nothing much, you know. Just beating the shit out of Ace again."

My smirk must be convincing, because Nena smiles at me slightly and nodds; She's no fan of Ace either.

"I saw that Fenton guy with you earlier, are you alright?"

"Yeah, he tried to rape me, but I got away pretty easy."

Ace perks up. Actually, he looks horrified. I guess even bad boys don't approve of rape.

Nena looks worried but we all know that we have no proper proof against Fenton.

She takes me by the arm and motions for me to join her on the way back to "camp".

We enter the forest without giving Ace another glance.

But then I can't help myself but turn and look at him once more.

His eyes bore into mine, the silent question loud and clear to no one but us two.

Why didn't you tell the truth.

I ignore it and follow Nena.

But I don't just ignore that question, I also ignore the strangely hurt look in his eyes.

Pondering over things I don't have a clue about is a waste of time.

------------------

Not as long as wanted. So I'm going to go write the 24th chapter straight away.