Chapter 36

Vanessa's Pov.

I slather way too much black eyeshadow on, and even add a small rim under my eyes.

I'm still hurt because of Ace.
It's been three weeks since the fire. Since his betrayal.
Silvia and Nina have visited me a few times. They're honestly quite nice friends.

But most of the time I've just lain around in my room and dwelled on Ace.

Every day was the same. First, I'd wake up hating him. As the day advanced, I'd start to miss him. In the evening I'd lie in bed and try not to cry as I dreamed up a million different ways to have prevented the outcome of our relationship.

Today is start of school though. So I've got to get my shit together.

I yank my leather jacket on and grab my back pack. I feel bloody dark as hell.

I stomp my way to the bus station, listening to NF and Eminem on the ride to school. I don't do driving my own car. I like to sit in a quiet corner and snooze every morning, mentally preparing myself for the load of garbage I'm supposed to learn.

When I get out at the high school, I put my headphones away and straighten my back. I breath in deep. I really feel like kicking someone's ass today. I've never gone without a fight for anywhere near as long as three weeks.

I march onto the school grounds and glance around. A few guys wink at me, knowing that I'm always up for trouble.

Suddenly my eyes catch sight of a pair of piercing grey eyes. Oh no. No. No. No.

HELL NO!

Ace stares back at me, his eyes wide in surprise. I remeber him telling me he was moving to New York. I just didn't realize he'd be going to the same school as me.
Seriously?
Of all the high schools arpund here, he ended up at mine?

I can't take looking at his beautiful face. He starts to head towards me, amd that's when I break. I turn and flee like a stupid little kid, trying to esvape the bully.

I know he's coming after me. I can hear his feet hit the pavement behind me.

I turn off into an ally way and bolt as fast as I can. Don't let him catch up with me. Please don't let him catch up with me.

Apparently he's a better runner than me though, becaus suddenly his hand grabs my jacket and yanks us to a grinding halt.

I spin around, trying to punch him in the gut.

Ace grabs my fists instantly and pushes me against a wall, crossing my arms across my chest so that I can't move. He also keeps his face out of head butting distance.

"Let go of me!" I scream on the top my lungs.

Ace removes one of my hands from my chest and clamps it over my mouth.

I try to struggle free, but he's determined to keep me still.

"Listen to me, Vanessa. Please listen to me." He begs quietly.

I glare at him.

"I never made out with Katy that night. She attacked me. And sge must have known when you were coming to me, because she kissed me moments before you saw us. I swear: I never cheated on you!"

I know he's telling the truth, because of the way his eyes are staring into mine.

"I swear," he murmurs again.
"I tried to find a way to contact you, but the camp wouldn't give me any details about the other campers."

I stop struggling and blink slowly, trying not to cry.

"I love you, Vanessa."

He removes his hands from me and steps back, opening his arms, inviting me to punch him.

I stare into  his eyes for what feels like ages.

"I love you too." I eventually choke back, because my body is just so glad to have him back with me.

He smiles at me and brushes the back of his hand across my cheek.

Then he leans me against the wall and kisses me.

I pull him closer and rap my arms around his neck.

God, I love him.

And I'm so happy to have him back.

----

Well. That's it... the end 😊❤