Chapter 27

Ace's Pov.

Vanessa stares up at me, her lips inches from mine, a confused look sparkling in her eyes.

Her eyes flicker to my lips and I wonder what would have happened if I had carried on kissing her.

I wanted to. A part of me didn't want to pull away from her, didn't want to stop my running my hands along her body.

I lean closer to her, daringly close, my eyes still staring into hers, and slowly beginn run my hands down her hips.

"Why did you have to tell a lie, Vanessa?"

She stares at me, still not answering.

"Vanessa!?"

Suddenly she closes the gap between us, pressing her lips lightly to mine.

This isn't a kiss of desire.

It reminds of something, a distant memory, almost forgotten...

I stumble away from her, my guard suddenly gone.

Her mouth opens slightly, about to ask something. Then she changes her mind, presses her lips together in a fine line, and swiftly walks off into the darkness.

Vanessa's Pov.

Something is going so wrong between us. Kissing like that, and then not beating each other up for it.

I didn't want him to stop, I didn't want him to stop kissing me, to stop running his hands along my body.

He had something in that moment that I wanted, I just don't understand what it was.

I make a bee line for my cabin, crashing in like no one else might be sleeping in it.

Luckily only Lana is there, reading a book, sprawled on her bed.

She looks up as I slam the door shut.

"...Something wrong?"

I storm onto my bed, suddenly mad.

"No! Everything is just peachy! Nothing wrong at all! Because like, Ace most deffinetly did not just throw me against a wall and kiss me like he fucking desires me!"

I land on my bed in a huff, glaring at my shoes, in hopes that they might start smoldering to suit my mood.

Lana just looks at me, as though she knows something I don't.

Whatever though, it's not like I give a damn fuck about what people think of me.

Especially not Ace Hunter.