Meeting

It was a stormy night, Thunder and lightning cracks every few minutes through your open window while the rain poured from the heavens. You had retreated in your blanket and pillow fort on your bed with a good book, using the storm as background noise while you read.

Suddenly you hear a heavy thump and a grunt not a few meters away from you. You froze for a moment before crawling out of you pillow fort, taking the lamp you use as a source for light while reading to illuminate your room. At first you didn't see anything in the shadows, until a flash of lightning accompanied with a loud boom lit up your entire room. In that split second you saw a figure leaning against the wall opposite of you. You scramble out of bed and approach the figure, lamp pointed in front of you to light the way, doubling as a weapon.

What you see almost makes you cry out; there, right in front of you, is a gigantic, human shaped turtle. But the scream got stuck in your throat when two emerald eyes captivate yours. For a few moments the two of you just stared at each other, until the turtle tried to move but in stead grunted in pain before settling back in his previous position. You got shocked out of the trance you were in not a few moments ago and gasp in realisation.

"Ohmygod you're hurt. Wait. Don't move. Be right back." You exclaim before running towards the bathroom. Not a minute later you run back in your room with a first aid kit and a towel to clean and dress the wounds. But when you tried to do just that, the red clad turtle flinched away from you.
"No no no, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you. Please, let me help you."
The turtle seemed to contemplate making a run for it before allowing you to patch him up.

After an hour you were finished stitching and bandaging the various cuts and bruises (Hooray for first aid classes!). Besides hissing from pain on occasion the turtle did nothing but quietly observe you. Green eyes piercing the darkness of your room almost threatening, warning you not to make a wrong move. Even after you were done packing up the medical supplies the turtles stare doesn't leave you. It starts to make you uncomfortable. So you do what any rational person in that situation would do, invite said turtle to stay the night. Wait what.