Avengers x Reader

Breakfast with the avengers

(y/n)'s pov

I awoke to the sound of my 7:30 alarm going off. I thought about setting a timer, but i knew that Steve would come in my room and wake me up two minutes before it goes off like he always does on weekdays. I reluctantly grabbed my phone and checked the Shaderoom on instagram and watched some of Cardi B's videos. I got up, put on nike pros, and some fuzzy socks. I slowly opened my door, making sure not to wake anyone who might still be sleeping *mental cough* Tony *mental cough*. I headed to the kitchen to see Steve and Natasha conversing with mugs of coffee in each of their hands.

"Good morning  (y/l/n)" Steve said to you, smiling and raising his 'World's Oldest Superhero' mug that I'd gotten him for Christmas. 

I held up one finger, walked to the coffee pot, poured some in my favorite mug and drank the contents.

"Okay. good morning Rogers" I said, being a bit more coherent since i had my Monday morning coffee. "Did y'all sleep well?" I asked fumbling through the fridge trying to get breakfast started.

"I did. How about yourself?" Natasha said.

"Yeah.." I replied, dropping into a squatting position to look for the butter.

Steve reached over me, grabbed it from my reach, and placed it on the counter before i could get to it.

"You and Natasha made breakfast everyday last week, I think its time I let you ladies have a break." Steve said, grabbing the rest of the groceries from my arms.

"If you say so" I said reluctantly, heading to his now empty bar stool.

As Nat and i conversed, Wanda and Vision made their way to the kitchen.

"Good morning everyone." Wanda and Vision said.

Vision began to help Steve cook breakfast, pulling recepies from the back of his head — literally. Next came Thor and Bucky, arguing over who would win in an arm wrestling match.

"To be fair, i think Vision and Bucky should go at it since they're both respectfully made of metal." Tony said, patting Thor's shoulder, "Good morning by the way" he said to the rest of us.

"What I'm trying to figure out is why the hell Tony is in here before us." A sweaty Sam called from the entrance, Rhodey in tow.

"Steve, he said a bad—language word." I said, turning in my seat.

"Watch it (y/n)" Steve said, without turning around

"Why don't you make me?" I said, adjusting my seating, not taking my eyes off of my coffee mug.

"Maybe after breakfast we should go a couple of rounds," he sassed, turning around.

"And we all know how that will end." Pietro said, speeding into the common area and giving me a wink.

"it's like the realistic version of hide the zucchini" Bruce added from the doorway.

"Except this time we aren't fighting robots on a flying city, so it'll make a little more sense" Clint said, raising his mug at Natasha.

"And now you need a red, white, or blue vegetable reference." Tony added.

I slouched a bit more into my chair, blushing, and taking a gulp of coffee in reaction to the way that everyone passed around that joke. Then upon Steve's request, Clint and Tony began to set the table with now less sweaty Rhodes and Sam. Steve placed all the food into different glass bowls and placed it on the table. Everyone sat down, I sat in between Steve and Tony, making a buffer zone. (#civilwar). I personally blessed my food with Steve, everyone else did their own thing.