NEW BOOK PREVIEW

does this really need a description. I'm making a book series. 3-4 books. okay. and heres an exclusive preview into chapter one. yall lucky.

one.

Gia's pov

The soles of my converse hit the hard tile as I walked down the rather empty halls of Obi High School. My eyes were focused on my phone, and my ears were focused on my best friend, Ava. She was going on and on about her boyfriend, Sam, who had been with her since we we're freshmen. Now, we're juniors, and almost the top in school. We walked through the halls to Study Hall, our 4th class of the day, since I had obtained all of my credits in Sophomore year. Ava, was a regular junior. We just happened to have Study Hall together. In there, I worked on coding my own AI I'd made, and he didn't have a name yet.

"Dude you wanna know what would be so cool?" She asked me, not bothering to move her eyes from her phone.

"What?" I asked shifting my attention from my laptop to her.

"If we could be Avengers.. And live in Stark tower. And hang out with them." She said, letting her mind wonder into the depth of endless possibilities.

"Keep dreaming sister, that's a cinematic universe that's literally and indefinitely impossible to reach." I said, typing in the password to my AI.

As much as I hated myself for admitting it, I actually agreed with Ava. It would be super cool to meet them and be an Avenger. There's no answer to how we could be. It's impossible. Right. Vibranium doesn't exist in any close form, the Iron Man suit defies all laws of physics, Asgard isn't suite imaginable, and gamma radiation will kill you indefinitely. We sit in the back of the classroom of Mrs. Miller. She let's us come in here and use her class space and computers to build and create things. After the last 45 minutes of 4th period, Ava and I decided to go home. It was exam week anyways, and I'd finished all of my exams for the first semester. At the sound of the bell, Ava and I ran to the parking lot as fast as we could, ignoring all of the "Slow down's" from each administrator we passed. We bursted through the side doors and were met with an extremely quick drop in temperature change.

"Maybe we should've slowed down enough to remember our jackets." Ava said to me.

I placed my bag down on the bench by the door and removed my jacket from the bag. I slipped it over my head, along with my headband that covers my ears. The 5 minute walk to the general parking area was dreadful, and felt like more than 5 minutes since we were freezing our butts off, literally. We reached my car, and i quickly unlocked it. I sat in the drivers seat and closed my door, squealing at how cold it was. I quickly put the keys in the ignition and cranked up the car. We were met with a blast of cold air, because i'd had the air conditioner on this past morning to remove some body heat I had left from my home.

"Hand me the AUX cord!" Ava shouted.

"Girl do you have to yell? I'm right here" I said handing her the small cord. "And if you pay some trash you finna be sitting on the side of the road like some." I warned.

I drove us to my home, about 15 minutes away from the school. I parked in the drive way, and Ava and I counted to 3 in unison before ditching my car for the front door. I quickly opened the door, threw my stuff to the side, and slammed the door, sighing in relief from being stuck in the cold.

"Mom! I'm home!" I yelled across the house.

"Girl stop with all that yelling!" She yelled back from her room.

I went to the kitchen, washed my hands, and started to look in the cabinets for something to eat. Ava went straight to the fridge, in hopes of finding her favorite snacks. (bff goals) I settled on ramen noodles, and sat at the bar after they were done.

"So, how do you feel about turning 17 tomorrow?" Ava asked me.

"Not any different," I said, non-chalantly.

If i was being honest, I did feel different. It seems like just yesterday I was walking into my first day of Kindergarten, and now I'm within a year of becoming an adult. If i was being honest, I would say that I didn't want to grow up, and that i felt depressed and ridiculous at the same time. Sure, being an adult comes with freedom, and you can be on your own, but I really miss being a kid again. I miss where my only homework assignment was to finish a coloring page, and when math problems were as simple as 1+1. hell I even miss nap time. But now, math has numbers, letters, greek symbols, shapes, requires a thick calculator and 4 years, homework puts so much stress on us kids that we wish natural disasters would happen to our schools just to get away from it, and I would be so lucky if i could catch more than 5 hours of sleep in one night, let alone an after school nap. So I guess if I was being honest I would say that I felt bitter-sweet.

"Well I for one am excited!! My best friend, day one best friend, is growing up so fast!" She said, squeezing my arm.

"I love how you say that as if you're like 30 years older than me, but you're 3 months younger than I am." I said, moving her hand from my arm.

"You say that like i don't know that," she sassed.

"Girl you better quit playing before you catch these hands faster than the flu during the winter," I sassed back.

We both looked at each other, and then bursted out laughing.

*******

I woke up to the sound of a loud Ava snoring on the trundle of my bed. I pressed the home button of my iPhone. 12:20 AM blinked across the information bar. Happy birthday to me. I guess I have nothing better do do than to make a wish and pray about it. I wish for nothing more than to meet the Avengers. To be an avenger. To be a part of the MCU. I prayed a quick prayer that it would come true, and prayed to the Lord to forgive me. And with that i turned over and fell asleep.

********

"One, two, three"

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Gia! Happy birthday to you!" My family and best friend screamed at me.

"Aww. I guess my birthday present is a heart attack. No but seriously, thank you guys" I said to my closest family and friends.

"Make a wish!" My mother said, holding the cake in front of me.

I wished the same dream that I had wished only hours before. To be an Avenger; and then I blew out the candles.

"Oh, we got you something. From all of us." Ava said, holding out a blue birthday bag.

I sat straight up and moved the thin tissue paper from the bag before seeing the contents. No way.

"I could cry right now you guys. Oh my gosh." I said.

I pulled out an original Avengers movie sized poster, signed top to bottom with the signatures of the cast of the original movie. And Stan Lee's signature was at the bottom.

"How? When? I have so many questions I don't know what to say!" I said, at a loss for words.

I rubbed my hand down the poster. Robert. Chris. Scarlet, Mark. Chris. Jeremy. Tom. Stan.....

"Words will never be able to describe how thankful I am." I said.

"Look down into the bag" Ava said.

I looked down, and pulled out a 'book of devotions for young women'. One for everyday of the year.

"Thank you. All of you. I really needed this." I said, giving everyone a group hug.

Little did I know, those two gifts were about to rock my world. Forever.