complicated proposal

Lucas pov

"Lucas You don't think this is too soon?"She said looking down at me."It's never to soon India. You're not just someone I met a month ago, you're someone I have loved for 4 years even when we weren't together. I love you. So I'm gonna ask again.Will you marry me?" I said on one knee showing her the ring. I was in front of her family looking silly as fuck cause she don't know what she wants. "Yes, I'll marry you." She said. "For real?"I said."Yes." She said.I got up and gave her a kiss as everyone clapped.

I took her to her old room so we could talk and spend some alone time."Lucas do you really wanna marry me. We just started talking again a few weeks ago."India said as I closed the door."India you keep thinking of it as if just met you a few weeks. We been together longer than that. Do you still love me?"I said as I pulled her close to me."Of course Lucas, I never stopped."She said looking up at me.

"So stop acting funny India."I said.She nodded her head and said"Ok."

"Lemme get a kiss baby girl"I said.She kissed me for a good minute. Our tongues wrestled for dominance.

"Can Cordell and Corbin stay with us?"She asked.

"Uh why, Cordell is a grown ass man."I said furrowng my eyebrows.

"That's my bestfriend, he needs me and I need him.And Corbin needs a mom in his life."she said.

"Since yal need each other so much,just marry him India. It's like you put this nigga before me and now you want him to move in with us. Like he some type of handicap nigga who can't be by himself."I said out of anger.

"Cordell will always come before you. He was my friend before you was in the picture and he has always been. He aint never got mad at me over a decision I made and never talked to me for years. We promised to live together when we grew up and no other person could change that promise. If you want me, Cordell and Corbin come. One thing I won't do is change up on my friend I knew since I was a baby over somebody who knew me about 4 years and 10 months."she said.

"Marry him India, give me my ring back and tell him to propose to you.You in love with him. I seen the signs but I always ignored it.You chilling in bed with him, bringing him lunch when he sick,dropping shit with me to be with him."I said

She looked at me with watery eyes and threw the ring at me."I owe Cordell my life, I nearly died when I was four, I was tryna get a ball out the street and a car was speeding my way and Cordell risked his life by pushing us both out the way. Cordell did a lot for me. So I promised to take care of him if he took care of me." she said before storming out.

"Damn."I said to myself as I picked up the ring. I didn't know all that. I really done Fucked up. I jogged downstairs, running into Cordell."Cordell I wanna thank you for always protecting India. She is lucky to have someone like you as a friend."I said. "Welcome."he said."Where is she?"I asked."Outside."he said . I ran outside and she was sitting on the roof of her car looking at the stars."Baby."I said. she didn't respond.

"India!"I yelled.

"What!"she yelled back looking at me.

I just looked at her as she looked at me."What the fuck you want Lucas!"She yelled.

"I love you India and you know I do. I said what I said out of anger. If you want Cordell to stay with us he can. Shit he can sleep in the bed with us, well on the foot."I said.

She giggled and said "Ok."

"I never knew it will be so complicated to propose to you."I said jokingly.She laughed and handed me her hand. I put the ring back on it and helped her off the roof.